Celtic v Partick Thistle

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, FernieMadeIt7 said:

Well done Thistle. On some run.

Happy enough with Rodgers experimenting. If we go unbeaten then it'll be a great achievement but the only thing that really matters now is the treble. 

Celtic changes from Sunday: 5

Thistle changes from Saturday: 5

Teams with an academy graduate making his first ever start: 1.

Really happy for Addi

People have compared him to Pogba which is so unfair. Apart from his finishing his all round game is good. Pogba didn't have an all round game.

Doolan's finishing in our first season up was terrible. Addi could develop in a similar way

Was worried at the end of the first half as we had about 5% possession and no serious attempts at goal, and had to sustain comstant pressure. But as was mentioned, it was a very competent shitfest.

Barton's first hour was disapppinting and he gave the ball away in the build-up to the goal - Celtic always had the advantage in the following attack and the goal was likely.

Then Rodgers made an attacking double-substitution which gave us an avenue to be a threat on the counter, and we were a serious threat for the rest of the night. I was worried we would contain players for Saturday and play within ourselves but we brought on Doolan and Erskine at precisely the right times, and we benefitted from that. Were it not for the saved penalty I'd have left disappointed not to have the win.

TL;DR - Bungling Brendan out-managed by Alan Archibald.

That's stopped the miserable run of defeats against Celtic. Anybody know how many it was in a row? It's at least 20...

Last time we took points off them was 1995 I think?

Archived