Favourite Players So Far This Season

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Quite rightly Wullie G is getting a mention from other fans and Wullie who is 33 in August has scored some crackers for the blues this season and for a former QOS player is now a legend at the club and will probably pick up some award at the end of season dance.But if you watch Stranraer on a regular basis left back Liam Dick has been outstanding this term and Stranraer's young player of the year last season ,will surely be strong favourite for the main prize.He was subject to a bid from a Championship side in January but Stranraer laughed it off,but he is out of contract in May and quite sure we will lose him to go full time,wether it be here or down south.Probably another player who would have been mentioned is youngster Kyle Turner,with Stranraer struggling when the new manager came in,he has been dropped to the bench for more experienced players to come in and stave off relegation, has been on a weeks trial with Aberdeen and another couple of clubs one in the Championship and a soon to be Championship club in England are interested,but he is tied to the club to 2019 so we will get a fee.Finally a word for Cammy Belford our keeper,a guy who other clubs fans love to hate,we love him at Stranraer and has saved us many times this season,hopefully he'll stay about next season.

Yes you are right about Liam Dick who could play much higher up. Young Turner looked really good the first time I saw him but as you say he will develop. The Belford guy is like most goalies; a bit mad at times but I'd take him here if we could afford him ! ( Andy Ryan might disagree?)

9 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Quite rightly Wullie G is getting a mention from other fans and Wullie who is 33 in August has scored some crackers for the blues this season and for a former QOS player is now a legend at the club and will probably pick up some award at the end of season dance.But if you watch Stranraer on a regular basis left back Liam Dick has been outstanding this term and Stranraer's young player of the year last season ,will surely be strong favourite for the main prize.He was subject to a bid from a Championship side in January but Stranraer laughed it off,but he is out of contract in May and quite sure we will lose him to go full time,wether it be here or down south.Probably another player who would have been mentioned is youngster Kyle Turner,with Stranraer struggling when the new manager came in,he has been dropped to the bench for more experienced players to come in and stave off relegation, has been on a weeks trial with Aberdeen and another couple of clubs one in the Championship and a soon to be Championship club in England are interested,but he is tied to the club to 2019 so we will get a fee.Finally a word for Cammy Belford our keeper,a guy who other clubs fans love to hate,we love him at Stranraer and has saved us many times this season,hopefully he'll stay about next season.

Would agree with this. Others who have impressed me are the fairly obvious duo of Buchanan at Livi and McAllister at Peterheid!

Jordan Kirkpatrick for us; thirteen league goals from midfield, several of them crackers.

Liam Buchanan has been the class act in the division for me. Loads of other good players I've enjoyed watching throughout the league.

For Brechin, Dougie Hill, Finn Graham and Andy Jackson have been excellent.

Opposition wise if I had to pick one player I'd be Liam Buchanan. The one that got away, we had him on trial 2/3 seasons back.

1 hour ago, printer said:

Jordan Kirkpatrick for us; thirteen league goals from midfield, several of them crackers.

Liam Buchanan has been the class act in the division for me. Loads of other good players I've enjoyed watching throughout the league.

Certainly scored a cracker on Saturday: surprised to see him subbed. Both of them played for a short time with us but we did not see them at their best.( Nor could we offer them good deals)

3 seasons ago he was relegated with east fife while benched for the playoffs, just shows you sometimes that any player can have a dip in form, pity for him and livi he isn't 20-25 years old or he would most defiantly be looking at a decent move, 

Airdrieonians - Kevin Schmidt
Albion Rovers - Kuran Athwal
Alloa Athletic - Luke Donnelly
Brechin City - Elliot Ford
East Fife - Craig Gordon
Livingston - Connor Quinn
Peterhead - Hugh Samuels
Queen's Park - Darren Miller
Stenhousemuir - Scott Walker
Stranraer - Joe Nutall

East Fife - Craig Gordon
Peterhead - Hugh Samuels
Stranraer - Joe Nutall

You nearly had me there for a second! [emoji38]

12 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

East Fife - Craig Gordon
Peterhead - Hugh Samuels
Stranraer - Joe Nutall

The 41-year-old Scott Walker's cameo as an auxiliary striker in the home defeat to East Fife was probably the highlight of the goddamn season.

Not made it to many games this season so have relied on highlights and reports mostly.

For us, as someone mentioned earlier, we have looked like a real team this season when we've been doing well. Scott Robinson has been a great signing and we lose a lot of attacking threat when either Kevin Smith or Mark Lamont are missing (as they have been all too often through injury). Chris Duggan has made a big impact since recovering from injury and you wonder if things might have gone a bit better if we'd had him fit and available the whole season. I'd probably have to go with Jonnny Page though. The big man's an absolute rock and rarely puts a foot wrong. He's a big part of the reason we've conceded so few goals this season. I'd love to keep him for next season but I've no doubt he'll be on the radar of a few Championship teams and I think he could comfortabley make the step up.

As for opposition, Livi looked good when I saw them even though they've struggled against us but nobody overly stood out. I'd probably have to go with Andy Ryan. Even just from highlights, Airdrie just seem to come alive when he gets on the ball and he's just one of those players that exudes an air of danger. It's clear he's carried an otherwise pedestrian Airdrie team thsi season and they'd probably be in relegation trouble without him.

18 hours ago, Oweny said:

Some great players in this division. I have enjoyed the football this season. 

Agree about some great players but have not enjoyed much of it largely due to our inept changes of management and maybe expectations were raised too high with the illusion of FT footballers. One good spell and lots of dross. I think Alloa have not experienced such contrasts but I might be wrong.

Duggan has been a stand out for us this season whilst Buchanan is streets ahead of any other player in league 1 and really deserves to be playing at a higher level than Livingston

Higher level than League 1 probably, don't worry we're making sure of that.

Archived