Favourite Players So Far This Season

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a toss up between Pittman and Buchanan but with Liam getting the record for our top goal scorer in a season he has to be our PoTY.

Insall has been a thorn in our side in games against East Fife so i'd say he's been the best opposition player, Hurst their keeper is a close 2nd.

Andy Ryan is the only player worthy of any kind of recognition this season so it's got to be him.

Danny Mullen has probably been the biggest thorn in our side this season scoring about 4 or 5 goals against us, although honourable mention has to go to Stenny's Alan Cook who seems to turn into a world beater whenever he plays us.

For us it has to be Buchanan, 25 goals for the season and broken Iain Russell's record of goals in one season for the club. 

Best opposition player, well it has to come from either Queen's Park or East Fife as those are the two teams we've struggled against, Insall has scored 3 or 4 against us for EF but I think the reason we've struggled most against these teams is because defensively they've been excellent, as we've still got a game to try and beat QP I'm going to give it to the boy Jonathan Page from East Fife, solid every time against us. 

No-one at Stenhousemuir has really played well on a consistent basis but on the whole they're all a likeable bunch. Vinnie Berry has probably been our best player this season and he'll be a big loss when he eventually leaves the club for America shortly.

I really admire Andy Ryan and it must take some effort to play well and score so many goals in such a poor side. He's one of the few (only?) Airdrieonians players who can hold his head up high this season. The two Ross Stewarts at Albion Rovers looked very good on the two occasions I've seen them and I imagine they'll both have their eyes further up the food chain at the end of the season. Finally, Jonathan Page at East Fife has had a really good campaign, and fair play to him.

Wullie Muir is the best keeper in the bottom two leagues for me. He and Ross Millen have been our best players this season and I'd be delighted if we could keep hold of them.

Best opposition player against us would probably be Ian Russell (pen)

For Qp, the best players for us this season in my opinion have been Willie muir, Ross Millen and Ryan Mcgeever.

From the opposition, by far the best player I've seen this season has been Andy Ryan. Great player. 

Andy Ryan for Airdrie for obvious reasons. I have seen all the other teams at least once and Danny Mullen is clearly a real threat. Ross Stewart up front for Rovers is worth a shout . I liked the guy Flannigan at Alloa. Ross Millen at QP after losing his way at Dunfermline. Ally Love at Brechin. Willie Gibson at Stranraer when he set his mind to it. East Fife just look like a really good team. Alan Cook has always played well against us. for Stenny. Nobody at Peterhead?( What a poor season in many ways) Although I id not always see the best of  Liam Buchanan that goal tally says he must be top man.( Tho' Livingstone are clearly a quality team when they put their mind to it)

I'd say robinson for us, certainly been our most consistent player this season even though he was out for a while with injury. At the age of 24, he sets a good example to the younger players with his attitude to the game, considering his part time status, he trains full time every day to maintain his fitness levels.
Elsewhere, id say it's between Jamie McKernon (Queen's park) and Andy Graham (Alloa)

Ross Stewart (striker) for me with his name sake in goals a close second.

Andy Ryan for Airdrie, Willie Gibson for Stranraer, Danny Mullen of Livingston have all impressed

Jonathon Page for us. Difficult to tell for the opposition, but I'm going to go with Ryan of Airdrieonians. Jackson of Brechin City, Alloa's Spence, Zanatta for QP and Buchanan of Livingston have also impressed...   

Airdrieonians - Andy Ryan
Albion Rovers - Michael Dunlop
Alloa Athletic - Andy Graham
Brechin City - Dougie Hill
East Fife - Scott Robinson
Livingston - Scott Pitman
Peterhead - Jordon Brown
Queen Park - Jamie McKernon
Stenhousemuir - Willis Furtado
Stranraer - Willie Gibson

Quite rightly Wullie G is getting a mention from other fans and Wullie who is 33 in August has scored some crackers for the blues this season and for a former QOS player is now a legend at the club and will probably pick up some award at the end of season dance.But if you watch Stranraer on a regular basis left back Liam Dick has been outstanding this term and Stranraer's young player of the year last season ,will surely be strong favourite for the main prize.He was subject to a bid from a Championship side in January but Stranraer laughed it off,but he is out of contract in May and quite sure we will lose him to go full time,wether it be here or down south.Probably another player who would have been mentioned is youngster Kyle Turner,with Stranraer struggling when the new manager came in,he has been dropped to the bench for more experienced players to come in and stave off relegation, has been on a weeks trial with Aberdeen and another couple of clubs one in the Championship and a soon to be Championship club in England are interested,but he is tied to the club to 2019 so we will get a fee.Finally a word for Cammy Belford our keeper,a guy who other clubs fans love to hate,we love him at Stranraer and has saved us many times this season,hopefully he'll stay about next season.

Archived