MLB 2017

BerwickMad

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-6-2 at 10:24, Savage Henry said:

It's virtually impossible to repeat World Series wins.  

Wasn't expecting a repeat of the World Series, but they were struggling to even play .500 so far this year.

Since my complaint they've gone on a 5 game win streak so hopefully a sign of better things to come. Given their talent, they should be winning the mediocre NL Central this year and then fingers crossed in the playoffs.

Wasn't expecting a repeat of the World Series, but they were struggling to even play .500 so far this year.
Since my complaint they've gone on a 5 game win streak so hopefully a sign of better things to come. Given their talent, they should be winning the mediocre NL Central this year and then fingers crossed in the playoffs.

The Cubs are very lucky they are in a lousy division this year. Anywhere else they'd probably be out of contention by now.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to watch most of all three Phillies games this weekend. Wish I hadn't bothered:bairn

Dreadful doesn't cover it. Almost no positives at the moment, except possibly Aaron Altherr and definitely Pat Neshek. And the likelihood of the first draft pick again.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Mets probably claiming Big Sexy when he clears waivers. Can't see this working out.

As much as I love that man, I agree.  That's never going to end well.

Cubs trade with White-sox for Quintana. Love the deal for the Cubs but hadn't thought it had any chance of happening. Amazingly not a single whisper had reached any journos prior to this being announced. the only people who had it ahead of time were a couple of guys on reddit going by the usernames katyperrysbootyhole and wetbutt23 :lol: Modern journalism

4 Cubs prospects that went were all ok but Jimenez the prize. Should be a star in a few years.

Getting a trip to the states this summer and will be getting 2 (maybe 3) games in that time. Firstly at Dodger Stadium (which I've been to before), and then heading north to see the A's at the Coliseum. I'm particularly buzzing for the A's (purely motivated by Moneyball)!

"There are rich teams and there are poor teams..."

My first baseball game was at the A's vs Rangers in the early nineties. Nolan Ryan was pitching for the Rangers. The thing I remember most about it, though, was misunderstanding the point of the gentleman asking "Tickets?" to everyone who drove by. Thinking he meant, "Do you have tickets?", I nodded. So cue this guy chasing after our car as we drove round the parking lot looking for a space, eventually catching up with us, and then being somewhat enraged at me for not realizing he meant, "Do you want any tickets?" Pretty sure that was the first time I'd ever been called a motherfucker by someone who looked like they wanted to kill me.

Have fun. Beware of scalpers.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Duda off to Tampa Bay in return for a bullpen prospect. Been a good servant for the Mets and sad to see him go.

For sure, even considering "that throw"...

Archived