MLB 2017

BerwickMad

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking very much like Giancarlo Stanton will be on the move.  Giants, Cardinals, Dodgers and Red Sox seem to be playing it out for his services, and the Giants top brass (copyright Keith Jackson) met with Stanton's people in LA last night - a move which can only be done with Miami's permission, meaning a deal has been agreed between the teams.  

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Looking very much like Giancarlo Stanton will be on the move.  Giants, Cardinals, Dodgers and Red Sox seem to be playing it out for his services, and the Giants top brass (copyright Keith Jackson) met with Stanton's people in LA last night - a move which can only be done with Miami's permission, meaning a deal has been agreed between the teams.  

About time something happened. This offseason has been absolutely brutal so far... Stanton jumping to the Giants and Otani picking a team in the next few weeks will hopefully get things moving.

Any predictions for where Otani ends up? I've just assumed he'd go for somewhere on the West coast, but every team seems to be trying their luck. Do we even think a 2-way player is possible? Would love to see him join the Cubbies, but i've got no idea how he'd get on pitching every 5th day and playing some outfield in between starts. Seems like he'd just get worn out very quickly...

1 hour ago, SamuraiJock said:

About time something happened. This offseason has been absolutely brutal so far... Stanton jumping to the Giants and Otani picking a team in the next few weeks will hopefully get things moving.

Any predictions for where Otani ends up? I've just assumed he'd go for somewhere on the West coast, but every team seems to be trying their luck. Do we even think a 2-way player is possible? Would love to see him join the Cubbies, but i've got no idea how he'd get on pitching every 5th day and playing some outfield in between starts. Seems like he'd just get worn out very quickly...

My guess is that it turns out he's not that good a hitter, and he ends up being a Madison Bumgarner type pinch-hitting pitcher.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations to Vladimir Guerrero, Chipper Jones, Jim Thome, and Trevor Hoffman.  Guerrero is easily the best player I have ever seen live when he was with the Montreal Expos, he was possibly the best "bad ball" hitter in baseball history and had a cannon for an arm.  vladimir-guerrero-vault.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Whats everyones thoughts for this year? Will the astros keep up their momentum? I think the Yankees could be very strong this year, Judge for mvp for me.

Inclined to agree. If I had to call the World Series right now, it would probably be the Yankees v the Cubs. 

Although my pick for the NL champions carries more than a hint of bias ;)

Inclined to agree. If I had to call the World Series right now, it would probably be the Yankees v the Cubs. 
Although my pick for the NL champions carries more than a hint of bias [emoji6]

If the cubs can get the defensive side right this year then it would make for one of the best World Series ever, can you just picture Yankees vs Cubs! Wow!

Whats everyones thoughts for this year? Will the astros keep up their momentum? I think the Yankees could be very strong this year, Judge for mvp for me.

Hopefully the Mets rotation doesn't get decimated. I've got us at 40/1. Good value.

I think in DeGrom and Syndergaard we've as good a 1-2 as anyone else. Cespedes and Bruce will get plenty of rbi's. I think Conforto will have a big year once he's back. The bullpen is a weakness but have a couple of good closers at the back end.

I'm not saying we'll win it all, but definitely think we've a chance and 40's was good value.

Is it easy to get tickets in New York when the Yankees and Mets play each other? I'll be there in June and quite fancy going to a "derby'.

Should be able to yes, if you aim for daytime matches or midweek and get tickets when they are just on sale, mlb.com handles the ticket sales.

If you wanna see a ball game and cant get those tickets consider going to a triple a game, staton island yankees or brooklyn cyclones etc.

58 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Should be able to yes, if you aim for daytime matches or midweek and get tickets when they are just on sale, mlb.com handles the ticket sales.

If you wanna see a ball game and cant get those tickets consider going to a triple a game, staton island yankees or brooklyn cyclones etc.

Cheers.

I'm definitely going to Target Field, never had trouble getting tickets in Minnesota but  wanted to go to a game in New York as well seeing as it was Mets v Yankees when I'm in town.

Archived