MLB 2017

BerwickMad

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Salary dump.

I'd read an article that was about the low likelihood of it happening due to the benefits of the Mets being able to make a qualifying offer. I thought it was still to their benefit to pay him, make an offer and if rejected get a fairly high draft pick as compo from the team that signed him. 

I'd read an article that was about the low likelihood of it happening due to the benefits of the Mets being able to make a qualifying offer. I thought it was still to their benefit to pay him, make an offer and if rejected get a fairly high draft pick as compo from the team that signed him. 

I guess they were never going to offer him that qualifying offer. You'd basically be signing him to a one year $20m contract. Now that money is freed up and they can play a rookie. Once the post season is gone, you see what you have on the farm.

Cracking fight shaping up in the NL Central this year. 4 teams within 3 games of the top.

Cubs (59-54) remain maddeningly inconsistent, but on top. Hot-hitting Contreras now out for a month as well. Not looking much like last year's team.

Cardinals (59-56) now in 2nd on a hot streak having won the last 6 games

Brewers (59-58) slumping and lost the last 5

Pirates (57-58) and trending upwards the last few weeks

Wouldn't bet on any of them doing much damage in the postseason, but should make for some exciting games during the run-in!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Surely every team doesn't use the same hand signals to communicate between pitcher and catcher? If each team devised their own code this wouldn't be an issue.

I'm guessing once you've watched a video of a pitcher and catcher you can figure out the signals quite easily - and verify they're still using the same ones in your match with them once you've seen the first dozen pitches.

16 games in the major leagues, 9 home runs. Good start for Rhys Hoskins. Indeed, something that no other player has achieved in MLB history.

17 home runs in 33 games. It really is unbelievable. I've booked last minute flights so I'm headed to Philly for a couple of weeks, going to CBP either tomorrow or Saturday

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 07:34, Cowshed Chris said:

17 home runs in 33 games. It really is unbelievable. I've booked last minute flights so I'm headed to Philly for a couple of weeks, going to CBP either tomorrow or Saturday

It's incredible form, the kid looks a real prospect.

Archived