Forfar vs Arbroath

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With my vast experience of supporting Arbroath, I'm always amazed at the glib optimism of callow youth predicting victory. So many letdowns on so many key occasions. The main plus point is that this game is at Forfar.

And no, this game won't decide anything, whatever the result. You won't remember 1967? When we edged promotion rival Raith 1-0 at Starks Park in a gargantuan battle in a full house (Arbroath supporters needed a special train). Anyway we blew it a few days later losing badly at Shire. Travel in hope not expectation

A win for Arbroath or a draw keeps it interesting but a Farfir win would put them 4 points clear. With 4 games left it's difficult but not impossible.

If it went to 4 I'd fancy it to be back to 1 or 2 next week. It's a very important game but it's no a decider.

IMO we have to have the Championship in our own hands come 5pm on Saturday so that means we have to WIN and nothing less.

We have done the the hard work to claw it back to within 1 point so imo we should treat this as a cup final and go for the WIN.

This is a massive one-off opportunity to knock Farfir off the top which would be a massive blow to them and a massive boost to us so i disagree with others and rate this as a massive "must-win" game and things will look after themselves after that.

C'Mon the Red Lichties. 

IMO we have to have the Championship in our own hands come 5pm on Saturday so that means we have to WIN and nothing less.
We have done the the hard work to claw it back to within 1 point so imo we should treat this as a cup final and go for the WIN.
This is a massive one-off opportunity to knock Farfir off the top which would be a massive blow to them and a massive boost to us so i disagree with others and rate this as a massive "must-win" game and things will look after themselves after that.
C'Mon the Red Lichties. 

Agree in a way the first time we've gone into a game this season knowing that it's in our own hands to go top.

There's experience in this team which gives me some confidence. Hammy and Little speak for themselves just don't come any better in this league. Gomes is a reliable keeper. Gold has been absolutely outstanding this year and Hodge has been so very reliable at left back, obviously helps having Hammy and Little next to him they make the full backs jobs easy (well unless your name is Jaseem).

In midfield Bobby is very experienced, won the league before one of our best players, same goes for McCord, Whatley is a 7/10 every week and upfront you've got Stevie, who's just great for us.

Other 2 positions are ones we've rotated through the season but Scott was our top scorer until Saturday despite missing a lot of games, Prunty also an experienced lower league guy. Out on the right Omar does a job and Skelly can be good too but lack a wee bit in there.

Overall on paper we should be reasonably confident, having Pink, DC and even big Rab in the changing rooms is great for the run in too.

Just hope we can go do the business tomorrow. I think if we did get in front we'd go on to win it too but easier said than done.

Archived