Champions Elect(Livingston) vs Plucky Play-Off Hopefulls (Alloa) - The Title Party

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tynie1874 said:

What's Todorov like? Reckon he could make the step-up into the Hearts first team?

I like him but don't think he's Premiership level yet. Big strong player that has some neat touches too, absolute worldy of a pass to Mullen in our away win at Airdrie earlier in the season. Missed a few one on ones so needs to improve his finishing but i'd still take him at Livi in the Championship next season as he gives us something different to Buchanan and Mullen. 

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I like him but don't think he's Premiership level yet. Big strong player that has some neat touches too, absolute worldy of a pass to Mullen in our away win at Airdrie earlier in the season. Missed a few one on ones so needs to improve his finishing but i'd still take him at Livi in the Championship next season as he gives us something different to Buchanan and Mullen. 

He won't progress under Levein' stewardship that's for sure, mind u i've watched them train a few times and Cathro and MacPhee are cracking coaches really in-depth. It's all the well coaching a player but if you've no got ability to take a game that wee bit further.

2 minutes ago, tynie1874 said:

What's Todorov like? Reckon he could make the step-up into the Hearts first team?

I'd probably take him in the Championship but don't think he's close to being a top half Premiership player yet. Big guy who wins almost everything in the air, good at directing the header towards the other striker too unlike a lot of big strikers who only ever seem to flick it on regardless of where their teammates are. 

Think between mid-Championship and top of League 1 is his level atm. He's also not a defender, as Cowden found out the hard way by the sounds of things.

Just now, tynie1874 said:

He won't progress under Levein' stewardship that's for sure, mind u i've watched them train a few times and Cathro and MacPhee are cracking coaches really in-depth. It's all the well coaching a player but if you've no got ability to take a game that wee bit further.

He may well have the ability to play at Premiership level with good coaching, I just don't think he is there yet. Maybe another season on loan with Livi at Championship level would help him though. Or if as you say, he gets some good coaching at Hearts. Wish him all the best anyway, gave his all in games for Livi so can't have any complaint about his commitment.

45 minutes ago, tynie1874 said:

Bit clumsy, seems like this is his level. Could possibly make the step up and develop with us - I'd take him back again, hopefully permanent though.

Just now, whereismillar said:

cheers  ... We need to play better though, might be with al bundy.s lot whover wins em !

Dumbarton have the knack of avoiding the relegation play offs, reckon it'll be Raith you'll play in the finals, and hopefully beat them.

Congratulations to the original franchise on winning the league best team over the season. Please don't lose the trophy when martindale get his prosess of crimes order at the end of the month. Plus next season don't get a massive points and financial penalty as I have been praying for that since turn of the year

Bitter much?

9 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Bitter much?

Hardly bitter , dry humour certainly

thinking back to the end of last season. my heart sank when livi came down along with us , I thought at the time it was livi as certainties to win the league  so it turned out ! I thought it would be between Alloa, Airdrie, Stranraer, (yeah !!! ) for the playoffs , so no big surprises to me , except for stranraer's not so great season, although we lost today I got some satisfaction from buchs not scoring  ...just :)

Feeling rather delicate this morning after a great night celebrating. 

Tbf to Alloa they came to spoil the party and in the first 10 minutes could've and probably should've been a couple goals to the good, we looked nervy. 

Then step forward Scott Pittman, what a strike that was, that settled us right down and we started to play some lovely stuff, got the 2nd which was also an excellent goal, all round play leading up to it and the finish, we then should've put the game to bed with the penalty. 

Things got a little nervy after Alloa scored but knowing a point was good enough I was never overly concerned. 

12 points from both Brechin and Airdrie and 10 from 12 against Alloa, that's the difference between the sides this season. 

Absolutely delighted, there is a real togetherness in the squad, would be great to keep hold of the team for a crack at the championship next season, also delighted for Hoppy, some of the nonsense he's had to listen too this season has been ridiculous, 16 points clear and champions. 

Best of luck to Alloa in the playoffs.

There will probably be a few last night on the piss, wouldn't surprise me if even young Liviboy2603 was on it.

A casual stroll for West Lothian's finest in the end puts to bed all the not much between part time and full time pish, they're just not on our level.

What a day to win the title sun shining over the promised land with the Amber Machine playing glorious free flowing football. All we needed was a goal to set up the party, step up Scott Pittman who scored what can only be described as a thunderb*****d. The crowd were in full voice with was brilliant to hear and created some atmosphere. When the ball was cleared late on and the crowd roared "We are going up" you could really feel we were there. Then at the end when the playing were jumping about you could just make them out singing "Championeees" which made the fans sing their own version back and it blew the roof off, brilliant.

Stenhousemuir next week for yet another party we will probably get beat but I don't care because

WE'RE CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!

Archived