Some Pars and Rovers fans both saying that the slide on Jason Thomson could have easily been a penalty..?

Are the Highlights out yet? If not, wait until you've seen them before you say something like that.

Clearest Dive I've seen all season. The slide came in front of Thomson, Thomson actually looked down at the leg, chipped the ball over the leg then went down in slow motion himself. Surely if you're going to dive, at least have it mastered properly. Embarrassing behaviour from our so-called 'captain'.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I like hughes but have not idea why Barr would be left out? Your defence is decent and m'voto is excellent. Midfield is terrible though, zero creativity or ability to take men on. Limited to free kick goals or lucky breaks. With the fan apathy it might be a good thing to go down. Regroup and start playing attractive football again. Even with Murray and winning cups rovers fans were still moaning and staying away. I don't get it?

We won 3 of our last 20 league matches that season, and (unsurprisingly) weren't far from being relegated. The cup win saved his job. The next season started well, had another dreadful middle and after a brief resurgence went south again. Murray was given his jotters after five straight defeats. 

The team has for too long been prone to dreadful runs of form, so it's no wonder people get fed up. It just so happens that this is the worst one yet. 

As you have pointed out, we have a fairly decent defence but the problems are the rest of the pitch - we can't score for shit and despite Locke and his fetish for "forward thinking players", almost none of them are good enough. Declan McManus has scored once since October, and is otherwise absolutely hopeless;  Rudi Skacel's legs had gone four years ago and Scott Roberts scored a screamer in August and has done f**k all since. As if that wasn't enough, Hughes insists on playing Davidson in midfield, who has always sucked creativity out the midfield and just generally been shit in there. His legs have now gone also to compound the misery. Matthews and Callachan are injured (and in fairness not creative players). Oh yeah, and then we have Coustrain and Stevenson, who both chucked it. When you see that, it's no wonder we can't really create chances. 

Bobby Barr is the best we have, and he's spent much of his time on the bench recently. Granted he was out of form, but he's hardy alone in that respect. Hughes lacks decent options but he is not helping himself. He seems to have come in with the attitude that being a ball breaker will sort things out and it really hasn't worked. He is right with what he is saying, but hanging the players out in public isn't helping - leave that to guys like me who can barely kick their own arse posting on message boards. 

As for the players themselves, 10 are under contract for next season, of whom five are currently injured. The rest are out of contract and, M'Voto aside, can all f**k off as far as I'm concerned. Penska I think has generally done well enough too, but I don't know if he'll be happy being back up to Cuthbert. Sadly, there is no way M'Voto will stay and I wish him all the best at whichever non-farcical club he ends up at. 

Edit: just realised that is a bit ranty. Nothing to do with any of your comments, which were fair, just generally hacked off with the club. 

Thought we were lucky at the Thomson penalty decision at the time. Turns out I was wrong. What a pathetic dive. Definite second booking.

As for the rest of the game......Meh. Raith are truly pish and look doomed. We were ok in spells without really getting going. Missed chances might have cost us against better teams. Thankfully we were only up against Raith who are quite easily the worst team I've seen us play this season.

Thomson has previous for diving at East End, he got booked for it that time though. It came a couple of weeks after he'd done similar through in Cowdenbeath.

That one in Cowdenbeath was absolutely brilliant though :lol:

I also remember him being booked a few weeks later at East End. Inconsistency from Referees is extremely frustrating. :lol:

Did he get away with it at Cowdenbeath? I remember the Cowden fans being absolutely seething about it but not much else.

A few players in that Raith team have regressed incredibly, absolutely no confidence in the team at all, I think you might be in the playoffs.

Good win for the Pars. We didn't play brilliantly but should have won more comfortably. Hard-working display and great defensively. Morris MOTM for me.

Wedderburn in the corner at the end brought me great joy. What a lad.

Pathetic support from the Rovers. Didn't come close to filling the stand, made little noise and then just got on their team's backs when they went behind. Fans deserve to get relegated more than the players IMO. Met some on the train and they were c***s to a man so I'm delighted they had a shite day out.

You'll always be the wee team x

#thiskingdomisours

Did he get away with it at Cowdenbeath? I remember the Cowden fans being absolutely seething about it but not much else.

A few players in that Raith team have regressed incredibly, absolutely no confidence in the team at all, I think you might be in the playoffs.

Aye :lol:

3-2 down 85th minute. Tom Daley would have been proud of him. Not a single bit of contact, arms out the lot as he goes down. Ended up winning 4-3 with 2 late penalties. That being the first. :lol:

Was a brilliant 10 mins.

:( I miss those days.

Yes there is a lot of high balls  played to him but he wins f**k all he had a chance  to run thru at the keeper but the dunfermline defender pushed  him of the ball with ease why shouldn't  he be criticised  for that.

He criticised a bad through ball played by him. Remember the rest of the strikers are absolute tosh. Surely try and keep the confidence up, and or wrap him with praise as opposed to drive him into the ground with criticism.

Good win for the Pars. We didn't play brilliantly but should have won more comfortably. Hard-working display and great defensively. Morris MOTM for me.

Wedderburn in the corner at the end brought me great joy. What a lad.

Pathetic support from the Rovers. Didn't come close to filling the stand, made little noise and then just got on their team's backs when they went behind. Fans deserve to get relegated more than the players IMO. Met some on the train and they were c***s to a man so I'm delighted they had a shite day out.

You'll always be the wee team x

#thiskingdomisours

This is the reason why I had chosen not to read this thread until after the match. Twats like you. We have been pish for months, numerous pars fans saying we have been the worst team to play there this season. What the f**k do you expect as a support. When the f**k was the last time we can anywhere near to filling that stand. Really ! Get a grip son !!!

Raith could easily have been up at half time, a couple of cracking chances but i guess that's why they haven't scored away from home. Thought the McMullan challenge on Thompson looked dodgy in the second half.

Was impressed with the boy punting it over the North stand from 5 yards from the line [emoji23].

Big Nat at the corner flag was fabulous, one against three and wasted so much time.

Aye, the beautiful game. Wasting time at the corner flag is what I look out for.

I'd be interested to know what Davidson actually brings to the party tbh. He genuinely didn't look like he'd ever played football before. 

Was an utterly atrocious game of football but as soon as the penalty went in the game was won. We could've played for a week and Rovers wouldn't have scored. 

9 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Embarrassing behaviour from our so-called 'captain'.

7 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

That one in Cowdenbeath was absolutely brilliant though :lol:

So it's only embarrassing if he doesn't win a penalty?

I'd be interested to know what Davidson actually brings to the party tbh. He genuinely didn't look like he'd ever played football before. 

Was an utterly atrocious game of football but as soon as the penalty went in the game was won. We could've played for a week and Rovers wouldn't have scored. 

He can't play midfield anymore and even when he could he just ran around fouling people and breaking up play.

He's good enough to play central defence or right back at this level.

A typical derby and not the worst but all in all not a great advert for the game. A draw would have been a fair result but having said that I thought the Pars had the better of the chances and will feel they just shaded it. A story of two soft penalty decisions, one given and one not. I think I'm correct in saying thats Dunfermline's 12th of the season  and so far we are still awaiting our first, we've been denied stonewallers in recent weeks so it's no surprise we didn't get that one.

The only good things to come out of yesterday was my backing 1 for Arthur in the national and Jason Thomson hoofing that vile little fucker Talbot, just a shame that he couldn't have managed the same trajectory as Jordan did with the ball in the same area about an hour later.

A typical derby and not the worst but all in all not a great advert for the game. A draw would have been a fair result but having said that I thought the Pars had the better of the chances and will feel they just shaded it. A story of two soft penalty decisions, one given and one not. I think I'm correct in saying thats Dunfermline's 12th of the season  and so far we are still awaiting our first, we've been denied stonewallers in recent weeks so it's no surprise we didn't get that one.
The only good things to come out of yesterday was my backing 1 for Arthur in the national and Jason Thomson hoofing that vile little fucker Talbot, just a shame that he couldn't have managed the same trajectory as Jordan did with the ball in the same area about an hour later.

Oooft, two soft penalty decisions?

One that was a definite penalty - see photographic evidence of clumsy contact earlier in thread. And ...the other was a dive which deserved a booking. That even embarrassed members of your own support. Stonewaller? As your badge says "HAHA"!

Talbot vile? Yet you think that an over the ball, straight legged, studs showing challenge from the rear which could result in a career ending, life changing, injury, isn't vile?

I empathise with Rovers plight and genuinely wish to retain the Fife derby next season. It was missing for long enough. Most of your fans are a decent bunch but you seem to be wearing a bigger pair of blinkers than any worn in the Grand National.

Archived