• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was a shame Dallas gave a yellow then spoke to his assistant as the linesman clearly told him it was a red card. You don't lecture a player after they have been booked about a challenge they made you lecture then card them it was an easy decision to make yet he shat it. Anyway good win beer garden now :) 

Silly post anyway. Peterhead are more likely to be relegated to League 2 than we are to League 1, chances of both us being relegated and them staying up are slim.

Result went as I expected (actually expected 4 or 5 nil mind)

Performance was as expected.

Hughes' line up and tactics were even worse than I expected. At the point now where a draw barely helps so instead of approaching every game like 0-0 is our target how about throwing caution to the wind and actually take the game to opponent?

I'm still hopeful if not confident we can finish 8th, beating Morton next week seems a must if we want to avoid both 9th AND 10th

Hughes got today wrong. Tactics were pathetic and he was too stupid to change the shape of the team when it was evident they weren't working. Pavel kept the score down but his distribution is awful.

Regardless of the division were in next season we need a massive clear out. Too many spineless b*****ds in our team.

Over the peice it was a deserved win but dunfermline aren't any great shakes themselves.

We should have had a penalty aswell but Thomson goes down like he's been shot regardless of the level of contact making it always look like a dive.

Skacel starting? Wow.

Well that was a horrendous afternoon from start to finish, but that's been standard for us this season. It's one thing to lose a derby, but to lose it in a manner where we look like we meekly surrender is brutal. 

Another game where we never looked likely to score, and where we've conceded a cheap goal. 

In the first 20 minutes or so, we put together a few decent attacks, and had two excellent chances with Hardie's one on one where the defender put in a great effort to get back, and McHattie putting a ball across the goal with no takers. Handling showed some decent touches, but ultimately faded out the game. 

Second half was horrendous. We concede a silly penalty, and then we looked completely lost. Penksa made a few excellent saves to keep us in it, but going forward we've got a squad of utter imposters. Skacel managed 80 minutes of the game despite looking knackered after 20. Davo had a horror show of a game, and ended up doing his usual of hoofing the ball into the channels. Johnstone looks too lightweight, and Jordan Thompson looks like he's looking at next season. We've got far too many passengers. 

This time last year we had a brilliant team including Connolly, Longridge, Craigen and Panayiotou. We had a squad who would fight every ball and try different things, with a manager who had us playing good football. Even the players like Harry, who had no connection to the club, came in and gave it his all. Hardie looks to be the only player who started today who continues with that. Our players at the moment look completely out of their depth, and it's brutal. I can't remember the last time we saw a player (Callachan aside) try to have a shot from the outside of the box. 

We'll get the usual post-match interview about going Mano-a-Mano, we'll get a player to put out some tripe about how it's time to be stand up and be counted before we go next week to Hibs. Hughes has got to be one of the biggest disappointments to come to Rovers compared to a previously club since potential Paul Harvie. Starting Skacel and leaving Barr on the bench was ridiculous. 

Finally, a stat to end with. Rovers have scored the same number of away goals as Lewis Vaughan has for Dumbarton since October. 

I know in the grand scheme of things it's a fairly minor point, especially considering how many problems this team has, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a team so incompetent at throw ins.

We must have made a hash of about seven today. Nobody seems to know what to do with them, it's bizarre.

As for the game, it panned out exactly as expected. We've failed to score in 10 out of 16 away games now, so as soon as we went behind we were sunk.

Dunfermline were no great shakes, but we're so timid, heartless and clueless, there was never a prospect of us getting something from the game after the panenka penalty passed Penksa.

We'll need to win both our home games to stay up, and that team hardly inspires confidence that we'll manage that.

36 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Hughes got today wrong. Tactics were pathetic and he was too stupid to change the shape of the team when it was evident they weren't working. Pavel kept the score down but his distribution is awful.

Regardless of the division were in next season we need a massive clear out. Too many spineless b*****ds in our team.

Over the peice it was a deserved win but dunfermline aren't any great shakes themselves.

We should have had a penalty aswell but Thomson goes down like he's been shot regardless of the level of contact making it always look like a dive.

Skacel starting? Wow.

Hughes is a nightmare manager.  He has, until now, been lucky in that he has been appointed to clubs that have been in quite a strong position.  His lack of tactics and tranfer nuance then sees the club gradually decline. Yes he won the Scottish with ICT but it basically was Butchers team.  Look where they are now -not that I could give a toss. 

Poor appointment and if I was a Raith fan, I'd be really, really worried

Hughes is a nightmare manager.  He has, until now, been lucky in that he has been appointed to clubs that have been in quite a strong position.  His lack of tactics and tranfer nuance then sees the club gradually decline. Yes he won the Scottish with ICT but it basically was Butchers team.  Look where they are now -not that I could give a toss. 
Poor appointment and if I was a Raith fan, I'd be really, really worried

The damage was done long before he came in. He was on the face of it the best man for the job at the time. He is clueless though. Today he tried for the first time to get the team to play it out from the back. Our goalkeeper can't kick a ball to start with. Dunfermline kicked on early and just pressed us from then on and we almost conceded from it.

He might do a job if we somehow stay up but I'm happy to see the back of him at the end of the season.

Hughes would have more of a chance if he didn't have to deal with a god awful side assembled by serial managerial failure Gary Locke. 

In saying that, I don't think I'd keep him next season. His hands were a bit tied today by injuries, but his insistence on playing Davidson in midfield is bewildering. Then there's Bobby Barr being left out every week...he's not playing the best we have available. 

1 minute ago, mikedafc said:

Hughes said that you are playing hope it happens football rather than make it happen football

Well, he isn't wrong. We are absolutely hideous. 

Unfortunately, slagging the players off publicly won't help. 

Archived