St Mirren v Dumbarton 8th April 2017

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. Completely different. The difference being, right in clear sight of everyone in the stadium Rory Loy went moaning to the ref and pointing at Harvie. Watch our (very decent) highlights if you wish to see it again.

It is a booking. Moaning about the referee is fair enough but moaning about a decision he got correct is ridiculous. Is the match officials earpiece just for show or do you think they might communicate through that?

Not the referee's fault your player decided to be a tadger.

41 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Yes. Completely different. The difference being, right in clear sight of everyone in the stadium Rory Loy went moaning to the ref and pointing at Harvie. Watch our (very decent) highlights if you wish to see it again.

Did Wayne Rooney only get sent off vs Portugal in 2006 because Ronaldo complained to the referee, or did he in fact get sent off because he stamped on Carvalho's knackers?

31 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

It is a booking. Moaning about the referee is fair enough but moaning about a decision he got correct is ridiculous. Is the match officials earpiece just for show or do you think they might communicate through that?

Not the referee's fault your player decided to be a tadger.

Have I said at any point that it shouldn't have been a booking?

Anyway, that wasn't the point I was making in the slightest. A few have made a big part of the way it panned out but I was simply replying to a post with a fairly reasonable point.

Sensitive bunch.

Don't really get the seethe about the penalty incident, Dumbarton player being an arsehole and deservedly booked, Loy grassing him up Lee Wallace style but we're not in a position to take the moral high ground in such an important game. Doesn't excuse the penalty miss as he surely would have placed the ball just off the divot. Think we've scored 1 pen out of 5 or 6 this year it's cost us a good few points against relegation rivals.

Dumbarton were well organised and a draw was the right result, not a great performance by Saints we missed Morgan and the Stelios in midfield experiment didn't really work. Thought we looked more dangerous once Sutton came on as we hadn't won a header up there all day till then. Could end up being a valuable point, especially since the other results went our way for once so we got away with it a little. Hope to see Dumbarton stay up (as long as it's not at our expense) and expect they will, much better team than Ayr and better than Raith this season.

23 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I don't dislike St Mirren and would like to say them stay up but my god, the supporters are an angry bunch. Not so much on here to be fair, you only really notice it when you attend a game.

I've never witnessed such booing or seethe at such minimal incidents throughout a match. Semi understandable given their precarious position but it sounds even worse in the highlights.

Chill oot boays, what will be will be. We don't want any heart attacks or Peter Houston esque red faces.

Boooooooooo ye bassa :)

1 minute ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

We barely won one after he came on either. His introduction made virtually zero impact.

Dunno what game you were watching he won every header that went near him, some of the balls up to him were nowhere near him mind you.

2 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

We barely won one after he came on either. His introduction made virtually zero impact.

Just now, irvine_buddie said:

Dunno what game you were watching he won every header that went near him, some of the balls up to him were nowhere near him mind you.

The problem is few managers know how to play the long ball game effectively these days - Sutton's not gonna win too many balls outright but he does create a lot of loose possession in the opposition half when on form (the second half of the CC final is a case in point). A couple of quick players looking to get to the ball first and move in on goal, maybe even shoot :o if the opportunity presents itself - bit old fashioned I know. :spud5

3 minutes ago, btb said:

The problem is few managers know how to play the long ball game effectively these days - Sutton's not gonna win too many balls outright but he does create a lot of loose possession in the opposition half when on form (the second half of the CC final is a case in point). A couple of quick players looking to get to the ball first and move in on goal, maybe even shoot :o if the opportunity presents itself - bit old fashioned I know. :spud5

Yeh a lot of the time he'll knock it down or flick it on and no-one is there to get it but that't not really his fault it's up to the players around them to make the run and gamble that he's going to win it.

28 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Sutton came on and Jack Ross obviously done this to change tactics and try get into the game more. I was concerned because Sutton is a pretty effective player. He doesn't always win headers but as someone has already said, he challenges well enough to mean the ball does break loose in the opposition half.

Surprisingly, this only seemed to help us on Saturday and St Mirren never settled as well after that change. In the past he has been a thorn in our side.

St. Mirren have been playing really good football of late and it is enjoyable.  It's enjoyable playing football teams like United and hibs and winning and even when we lose fair enough. Saints didn't play yesterday but Dumbarton didn't let them. Fair play they got what they came for. It is clear though that they are a horrible team to watch and I am certain that regardless of what happens this year relegation or not st.mirren will always at least try and pass the ball and produce young players such as kenny maclean, John mcginn, Lewis Morgan and stevie Mallan. Dumbarton will return to league 1 where they belong amongst the other hammer throwers of Scottish football.  

[emoji3]

3 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Don't really get the seethe about the penalty incident, Dumbarton player being an arsehole and deservedly booked, Loy grassing him up Lee Wallace style but we're not in a position to take the moral high ground in such an important game. Doesn't excuse the penalty miss as he surely would have placed the ball just off the divot. Think we've scored 1 pen out of 5 or 6 this year it's cost us a good few points against relegation rivals.

Dumbarton were well organised and a draw was the right result, not a great performance by Saints we missed Morgan and the Stelios in midfield experiment didn't really work. Thought we looked more dangerous once Sutton came on as we hadn't won a header up there all day till then. Could end up being a valuable point, especially since the other results went our way for once so we got away with it a little. Hope to see Dumbarton stay up (as long as it's not at our expense) and expect they will, much better team than Ayr and better than Raith this season.

Excellent, well-balance, reasonable and impartial post there, Irvine Buddy.

A lot of people could learn from you. Too much seethe on here over next to nothing.

The way the two teams have been playing of late, a draw was a reasonable outcome.

Why can't we all just move on?

1 minute ago, Tam Carson is my No 1 said:

The Saints fans moaning about our style of play, look at the goals scored. We have scored 11 more goals than Saints. That's surprising from a team that doesn't play football.

Your team's job is not to entertain St Mirren fans. I wouldn't worry.

Archived