St Mirren v Dumbarton 8th April 2017

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I think the Raith game could bite us on the arse, should have played the reserves v Celtic in the cup.

We picked up maximum points from Dundee Utd and Hibs when nobody expected it,so with that in mind I couldn't care less about the Raith game where we had an off night. Raith still have to come to our place and we have a game in hand at the manky Greenock shitehole, so it's now in our own hands.

14 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

How is the forward you have on loan from Aberdeen doing. Aberdeen fan told me he is 6'4 sounds a handful for defences.

We've only seen him for 5 minutes but he does look a big unit and could potentially be a handful. I doubt you'll need to deal with him to be honest though, Nade is back this weekend which should see us revert to our usual 11. Tough to say who gets dropped though - for me you can't drop McCrorie or Carswell and dropping any one of Vaughan, Stanton and Thomson would be a tad unfair. Difficult job for Stevie this week and one he can't get wrong.

We've usually followed up a good win with a draw this season, I would take a point here right now. 

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

We've only seen him for 5 minutes but he does look a big unit and could potentially be a handful. I doubt you'll need to deal with him to be honest though, Nade is back this weekend which should see us revert to our usual 11. Tough to say who gets dropped though - for me you can't drop McCrorie or Carswell and dropping any one of Vaughan, Stanton and Thomson would be a tad unfair. Difficult job for Stevie this week and one he can't get wrong.

We've usually followed up a good win with a draw this season, I would take a point here right now. 

Is that ex Saint carswell?  How's he done for you?

As for the game, every game from now on is the biggest game of the season. Sons are a tough unit to crack. I think we'll get a win but will be tight as 'the drum' :-)

3 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Is that ex Saint carswell?  How's he done for you?

As for the game, every game from now on is the biggest game of the season. Sons are a tough unit to crack. I think we'll get a win but will be tight as 'the drum' :-)

He's been absolutely excellent. He's so disciplined, effective and efficient on the ball. It's no surprise that our decent form and performances have came with him in the side. I suspect he'll be back full-time next season (can see someone like Falkirk, Dunfermline etc having a punt on him) and I'd be pretty sad to see him go.

He's also one of the few people to have a bigger nose than me. So that's also good.

Aye, Carswell has been a great signing and dare I say without him we'd be sitting lower in the table. Him and McCrorie look to be ideal partners in midfield and both allow our players with more quality on the ball to get forward without worrying too much about what they leave behind them.

Looking forward to this one. Both teams fighting for their division lives. Massive turnaround in form from St Mirren but a very unexpected 3 points against Morton means we will have a bit of confidence going into the game.

Hopefully a big crowd for a crucial game for both teams.

Aye, Carswell has been a great signing and dare I say without him we'd be sitting lower in the table. Him and McCrorie look to be ideal partners in midfield and both allow our players with more quality on the ball to get forward without worrying too much about what they leave behind them.

I always felt Carswell got a hard time at Saints (let's be honest most do) unfairly. I would have rather we kept him than let him go and sign Kyle Hutton.

Was he involved in a handbags incident with another Sons player recently?

9 hours ago, Fony Titz said:

I always felt Carswell got a hard time at Saints (let's be honest most do) unfairly. I would have rather we kept him than let him go and sign Kyle Hutton.

Was he involved in a handbags incident with another Sons player recently?

Aye, he and Mark Docherty had a wee argument during our 5-1 humping at the Pars.

Carswell fought his own player on the pitch and is an absolute raging VL. Let's hope the Pars don't "take a punt".

I agree. Same goes with all the other clubs I mentioned too. Best avoided. We'll keep him for the next few years until he calms down.

I'm more nervous about this one than I was about the Ayr game, it's certainly not going to be a walkover like that was. Dumbarton just keep picking up results and seem to be a bit of a bogey team for us.. since we came down to the Championship we've played 7, won 1, drew 2, lost 4.

28 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Carswell fought his own player on the pitch and is an absolute raging VL. Let's hope the Pars don't "take a punt".

You cheer on Kallum Higginbotham every week, there isn't more of a raging VL than him in Scottish football. 

On 02/04/2017 at 19:44, Silverton End said:

Your opening post on this/your thread suggests otherwise. :)

As the Match gets closer, the more nervous and worried I get. 

We are decent presently and so are Dumbarton. 

Archived