Dundee Utd v Falkirk

Guest Back Post Misses

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would agree that Craigen should start ahead of Aird. Aird is a better option from the bench imo, especially as he has more pace than Craigen.

Thomson in the sticks. Hasn't put a foot wrong so far (albeit he hasn't had much to do).

Up front should definitely be Austin and Miller. Have no clue why Austin has been shunned all of a sudden, since it seemed he was just starting to find form. Tbh, as long as one of Miller or Austin are playing I'll be glad. McHugh and Baird just doesn't work, as has been proven multiple times.

12 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Falkirk haven't won at Tannadice in over a decade. Can anyone tell me (without cheating) who scored a hat-trick that day for the Bairns?

Alan Gow I think

Aye New Years Day was it not? Certainly our first game post Stokes.

Probably about the only game Gow turned up for after Stokes left. Wasn't long after that he signed a pre-contract with Rangers and we turned down a bid of 250k (yes two hundred and fifty thousand pounds) for him. That was in the same season we went and paid £50k for John Stewart.

No wonder we ended up in a financial mess.

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

Aye New Years Day was it not? Certainly our first game post Stokes.

Probably about the only game Gow turned up for after Stokes left. Wasn't long after that he signed a pre-contract with Rangers and we turned down a bid of 250k (yes two hundred and fifty thousand pounds) for him. That was in the same season we went and paid £50k for John Stewart.

No wonder we ended up in a financial mess.

Rangers offered nothing like 250 k for him. Falkirk wanted 150k but they wouldn't even pay that.  The United game was a false dawn unfortunately. Hughes's plan to replace stokes with Carl Finnegan failed miserably and we were pumped out the cup by killie and missed out on top 6.

15 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Falkirk haven't won at Tannadice in over a decade. Can anyone tell me (without cheating) who scored a hat-trick that day for the Bairns?

Alan Gow.

What a day that was. Turned up at Tannadice hanging out my arse probably still drunk let alone hungover.

Was distraught pre match we hadn't been able to hang onto Stokes and was wondering where the goals would come from.

Gow soon answered that question.

If I remember correctly the goal of the game was scored by Stephen O'Donnell. A superb strike from out wide.

I posted the teams of the 5-1 game earlier, I recall walking down the hill with the conversation of will Stokes be back or not, we are gonna get humped, couple of hours later the expect unexpected motto fairly came into our favour.

Latapy apart, dont think our team is all that wow either

dufc.png

15 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I posted the teams of the 5-1 game earlier, I recall walking down the hill with the conversation of will Stokes be back or not, we are gonna get humped, couple of hours later the expect unexpected motto fairly came into our favour.

Latapy apart, dont think our team is all that wow either

dufc.png

Uras wasnt a bad player if I remember right. Who the feck is d dodd?  Is that a cross between darren dodds and karl dodd? And that was back when Paddy Cregg was a player before Hughes's coaching fecked him up.  Goodwillie , Robertson and Samuel in the one team is a frightening thought. Lock up your daughters with that crew.

Quite amazing to think that that Falkirk team put 5 past that United team. Latapy was pretty teckers and I remember Robertson being a bit shit...still though. I was at the game and thoroughly enjoyed it. My United supporting mate did not come in to school the next day 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Uras wasnt a bad player if I remember right. Who the feck is d dodd?  Is that a cross between darren dodds and karl dodd? And that was back when Paddy Cregg was a player before Hughes's coaching fecked him up.  Goodwillie , Robertson and Samuel in the one team is a frightening thought. Lock up your daughters with that crew.

I dont think Cregg was the same player when O'Donnell left, I like O'Donnell as a player, folk say Taiwo likes a tackle, O'Donnell lived for tackling.

Ridiculous how we put 5 past that Utd team tho a real fight for who had the worst keeper

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Uras was a top player

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Karl Dodd allegedly had the good grace to kick f**k out of Stokes one night in Edinburgh when Stokes was acting Billy Big Baws

Archived