Rutherglen v Irvine Victoria

Westender1904

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Penalty all day, what's all the fuss about.

The boy has got to stand up , keep his hands by his side and take it in the face of needed.

As soon as he half turns and puts his hands up he's asking for trouble.

The referee had exactly the same angle of view as the video, although he was obviously much closer. He didn't hesitate in pointing to the spot. Also the Glencairn dugout had the same angle and they all thought it was a certain penalty. All the Glens fans around me (behind the goal) thought it was very soft at the time, but we didn't have the angle to see the arms moving towards the ball.

I said at the time that it was "never a penalty in a million years", but I was wrong having seen the video. It's a penalty, no question about it.

Highlights confirm penalty was a disgrace

Think your on the drugs ? How was that a disgrace ? I always look at it as what if it was up the other end for my team , an ad have been claiming for that all day long , if u lift your hands away from your side your giving the ref a choice , an two me that's a stonewaller !

Highlights confirm Glencairn's shorts were a disgrace.

We only wore red shorts because the referee insisted that our black shorts would clash with Irvine's black shorts, and he had an assessor watching. Never mind ​the fact that Rangers and Celtic have both worn white shorts against each other for 130 years without any problems.

We only wore red shorts because the referee insisted that our black shorts would clash with Irvine's black shorts, and he had an assessor watching. Never mind ​the fact that Rangers and Celtic have both worn white shorts against each other for 130 years without any problems.

Black and white against bright orange but the shorts might clash [emoji23]

Black and white against bright orange but the shorts might clash [emoji23]

I know, it's a nonsense when refs insist on things like that. Vics had told us they were bringing their all black kit so we were ready to wear all red, but they turned up with orange shirts and socks so it was a quick change of shirts and socks for us.

I know, it's a nonsense when refs insist on things like that. Vics had told us they were bringing their all black kit so we were ready to wear all red, but they turned up with orange shirts and socks so it was a quick change of shirts and socks for us.

It's a daft rule, the referees kit clashes more with Vics kit than the Glencairn does

The one that cracks me up is when a referee insists on a goalkeeper changing shirt because it clashes with his. Not only should a referee have 3 kits in his bag anyway, but surely a referee can tell whether it's him or the goalie who has caught the ball ?

I haven't posted the video yet, so how can you say it's confirmed. I didn't think it was a penalty either at the time, but  now being the only one  who has watched it again, it's  certainly less clear cut, and like all of us the match observer just has an opinion on what he saw.
Your number 10 received a second yellow for dissent. Until we see the refs report we don't know what he said to the linesman.
Glencairn had 27 attempts at goal,  and Victoria had  5
Anyway the video should be up early tomorrow.
Best wishes for the rest of the season.

Didn't realise you have the only video camera in Scotland!

Penalty all day, what's all the fuss about.
The boy has got to stand up , keep his hands by his side and take it in the face of needed.
As soon as he half turns and puts his hands up he's asking for trouble.

What a load of bull

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

The one that cracks me up is when a referee insists on a goalkeeper changing shirt because it clashes with his. Not only should a referee have 3 kits in his bag anyway, but surely a referee can tell whether it's him or the goalie who has caught the ball ?

:lol::lol::lol: :thumsup2

Archived