Rutherglen v Irvine Victoria

Westender1904

Watched the worst performance of match officials ever today. Not even getting it wrong but blatantly ignoring a clear free kick and then the linesman getting the Vics no 10 sent off for complaining. Disgraceful behaviour and downright cheating by the linesman. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Calum Haswells performance today would take a bit of beating . How Cumnock finished with 10 men defies belief . Booked players on both sides for nothing and failed to send James Lundie off for one of the worst tackles I've seen for a long time .

Cumnock v Talbot is a big step up from an Ayrshire Cup tie between 2 lower league teams though !

Of course but can't say he's rubbish every week when I watched him last week and hardly made a wrong decision but was far easier game to be in charge of than Talbot v Nock.

In my opinion Rutherglen are the best football side the Vics have played this season...however it was disgusting today how the referee ensured that Glens would get the points; Vics have not had the rub of the green all season but today was a real sickener ..shocking display from that ref

16 hours ago, Westender1904 said:

Watched the worst performance of match officials ever today. Not even getting it wrong but blatantly ignoring a clear free kick and then the linesman getting the Vics no 10 sent off for complaining. Disgraceful behaviour and downright cheating by the linesman. 

Then the referee gives a penalty in the 93rd minute that was never a penalty, confirmed by video and the match observer. 

I haven't posted the video yet, so how can you say it's confirmed. I didn't think it was a penalty either at the time, but  now being the only one  who has watched it again, it's  certainly less clear cut, and like all of us the match observer just has an opinion on what he saw.

Your number 10 received a second yellow for dissent. Until we see the refs report we don't know what he said to the linesman.

Glencairn had 27 attempts at goal,  and Victoria had  5

Anyway the video should be up early tomorrow.

Best wishes for the rest of the season.

Shouting & swearing at the Lino is only gonna result in 1 thing .

Archived