Forgotten derbies?

jimbaxters

The price aspect only tells part of the story. 
I had a season ticket at Celtic for a spell and you couldn't give the ticket away for nothing if you weren't using it because people - by and large - don't really want to go to a game they have no real interest or excitement about. Since chucking the ST I've also knocked back numerous freebies.  
For that reason the Juniors can't just hope that undercutting the Seniors is ever going to see their crowds increase. Especially when you're trying to lure people conditioned to expect plastic seats and all the other shitey staples of an afternoon at a senior game, 
However, when Pollok took on Talbot in the Scottish earlier in the season plenty of non-Junior fans took an interest and turned up in impressive numbers because they recognised it was a big game between 2 of the best sides and was a good bet for an entertaining afternoon. On the evidence of that day it's criminal that the Scottish Cup isn't planned and promoted as part of a non-league day type of thing, as it's clearly something that still resonates with football fans outwith the Junior regulars and could be a "gateway" to getting people in the habit of going to half a dozen Junior games a season. 

Totally agree mate, I don't see why they aren't promoting the Scottish Cup more than they are especially the bigger games.

The flyers idea I had when we got to the sectional league cup final there was flyers all over Kirky and we got a good following that day

Used to see them in the paper shop years ago.how much does it cost for a photocopy these days? If one extra person turns up that pays the flyers for the season.

Archived