East Fife v Queens Park

Season-turning Saturday! As Sky Sports might put it.

If we win we could go on a quite a run looking at the fixtures. Even Livi might be winnable if they've won the title by then. Lose or draw will probably inspire a bit of a limp toward safety. Some fans will settle for that but my concern would be that some of our better players are more likely to move on if we just beat relegation rather than just miss promotion.

2-1 QP. Duggan to give away a pen in 93rd minute. Top bloke.

Tough game as always ; today will be no different against Qpee. Recently we have suffered two defeats on the road hopefully we end a horrible week on a high, fingers crossed we're still in the play offs.

With the leaders of the team having injuries to add to the already long term casualties list is a blow to our chances I just hope players step up from that midweek distear but not confident for this one I have to admit especially playing Qp...no watt if we go two behind as well I hope I'm wrong the team put on a winning performance at home.

Cmon Fife !!!!!

2 points lost. Great second half, albeit it took a superb save from Wullie Muir to keep out the best (only?) chance of the game.

Galt, McKernan and McGeever excellent but no passengers once again.

Never seen a team more for pushing and pulling than EF today.

And what was that pantomime at half time?. They had 15 minutes to sort out that sub.

42 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

never look forward to playing queens park the bus.A usual Gus team 5 at the back and boring..Couldn't watch that every week

Tears from opponents every time they can't beat us :lol:

Maybe the fact that there's none of the regular Fife fans on after a home game says what the game was like.

Two teams perfectly matched in the first half but QP really tuned it on in the second and I'm gutted for the lads and dads that we just couldn't get the wee break we needed. McKernon and Brady, supported by McVey totally dominated the midfield. McGeever and Cummins back to their best in a solid defence. That save from Muir! How many points has Wullie's right hand saved us so far? And Galt had his best game of the season. It's probably the first 90 minutes where we've never had a dull spell in the game.

Our goal shortage might yet prove to be the deciding factor but the team is coming onto a really good game just at the right time. And the run-in from here looks much better than the last 5 weeks. Everything to play for. Bring on The Rovers.

18 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

No tears just yawns

No. It's definitely tears. I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy fans of Barcelonaesque sides, like East Fife, criticising our style of play, having failed to beat us for umpteenth time.

GUSTACTIC.jpg

Sometimes you need to accept a point. McPherson isn't daft and set up his side to avoid a repeat of the second-half at Hampden earlier this year. A draw was a fair outcome, although we could have nicked it with Cooper's header which produced a good save from Muir.

Chris Kane gets my man of the match for cancelling out QP's main threat in Zanatta. Kieran Duffie looks like a player, looking forward to seeing him once he gets match sharp...

A quite atrocious game of football.Nobody can argue with Gus McPherson 's ability to organise a team but it is awful to watch.Sadly injuries to 6 or 7 players meant East Fife were as poor. In the end quite pleased with  a point as Queens looked the likelier to win it although Cooper really should have won it for East Fife.

Agree. That was a dismal game of football. QP dominated possession in the second half but created nothing. Happy enough with a point but with QP looking incapable of scoring we wouldn't  or couldn't change things up front to try and win it.

On the day Duggan was toiling,Insall was injured ? Mutch isn't ready ? Austin,only the manager knows. We played reasonably well at times against Albion Rovers but apart from a penalty at Brechin haven't looked like scoring a goal in our last three games. For the first time in a while the defence has been a bit iffy but will recover to hold on to a play-off place.

18 hours ago, flyfifer48 said:

Did you have a shot on goal???

According to the BBC stats, exactly the same number as you....albeit nothing that looked like going in.

We were camped in the EF half for most of the second half. That we didn't manage to test the keeper is perhaps partly due to effective defending. Give your guys some credit for that; the comment on controlling Zanatta is a good one. He's a handful.

We had a lot of balls flashing across the front of goal and, on another day, might have put a couple of them away.

Tuesday's game against the Dirties will go a long way to determining whether we'll spend the next few weeks looking upwards or behind us.

Archived