Stranraer v Stenny

Big chance for the blues to take another step up the survival ladder,our last effort against Stenny cost Brian Reid his job and it will be an entirely different blues team to take on the Warriors,not in personnel but in confidence.I said after watching Stenny at Stair pk at the backend of last season they would be relegated this season and have seen nothing to change my mind,our last game at Stranraer against them was one way traffic to the blues and can't help feeling this will be back to the wall stuff for Stenhousemuir,and if Wullie G,Aggie and Malky  are on top form could be a long day for the Falkirk men.

15 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Yeah mate, that Falkirk jibe isn't on.

Play like we did against Stranraer a couple of months ago and we'll win this; play like we did last week and we'll take a tanking. I fear it'll be the latter.

We live in hope!

Cmon boys the only way is up. It can't get any worse than last week. A bit of positivity. Give me a hell yeah for 2-1 warriors. 

Relieved that we have delivered this result which was so needed! Stenny did beat us comfortably last time out but that was by some distance our worst performance that I have seen this season. Anyway, well done to the players - and pleased to see Amadou getting his first goal for us. Big game next week as we continue our battle to avoid the bottom two places.

McCormack - 2 bookings for 2 bad foulds in the space of 4 minutes what a F****** Idiot. Gilhaney back on the bench is just what we need when we are looking for grafters and fighters and he comes on with 2 minutes to go - seriously.  Will be interesting to hear teh aftermatch comments. "5 games left - 15 points to be won"

Also noted that we were 2 - 0 down and do not make a substitution until after the sending off.  Looking forward to the comments from those that were there.

18 hours ago, Mattmc said:

I've never been so sick as the our last game against Stenny! I was ridiculed by fellow Stranraer fans for showing my dismay towards Reid that day.

Good job you never did anything worthy of ridicule today then. ;) :lol:

Onto the game - well it was pretty easy for Stranraer against a Stenny side that will be relegated this season. They didn't offer much threat throughout the game and Stranraer were on top for the majority of the game. Agnew had a good game and was involved in most of our creative play in addition to getting the crucial first goal. Once again I thought Morgan Neill was solid at the back clearing his lines and dominating in the air. Solid performances from the likes of Bell, Thomson, Dick, Barron and Wilson assured that Stranraer were always the likelier winners. Also nice to see the lad from Senegal get his first goal in a blue shirt and he certainly took it well and seemed keen to show his gratitude to the manager - never seen many players running over to Brian Reid for a wee cuddle. :o 

For me its all about avoiding second bottom now and am pretty confident we will manage to do so. Games will run out before we can climb up as high as 4th but expect us to be challenging for the play-offs again next season. We are a much more solid team now although I would still like to see more support for Malcolm up front or a player who is better suited to the current system in that role. Farroll wasn't long in the door before the window closed though and I am sure he will realise himself that's an area where we could make further improvements moving forward.

Things are looking up and you actually go to games now expecting to win rather than just hoping.     

Hearing from a close associate we started with:

• Mason Robertson in central defence
  • Ross Meechan in central midfield
  • Connor Duthie on the left wing
  • Alan Cook as a number 10

That just doesn't make a lick of sense to me. I'll be keen to hear from the Warriors who made the trip down.

There's still time of course, and a five-point gap with five games remaining is not insurmountable, but it's looking bleak.

3 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Hearing from a close associate we started with:

• Mason Robertson in central defence
  • Ross Meechan in central midfield
  • Connor Duthie on the left wing
  • Alan Cook as a number 10

:huh:

i could understand the latter two but if the first two were played in those positions, I agree, that makes absolutely no sense. 

In reality it's looking very bleak and I can't see us staying up, especially if decisions like the above are being made. I wasn't there so can't comment. 

But, that being said I'll be there next week regardless cheering the boys on and hoping we can pull 3 points out of the bag against east fife. 5 cup finals left, lose next week with other results going against us then it really will be all over. 

Is marsh back for next week? 

Mason had a reasonable game at the back, reads the game fairly well and is physical, we conceded our first goal when McCormack only had to play the ball the way he was facing but instead decided to take their boy on inside our box he lost possession and they scored, it was  pretty simple stuff and again a self inflicted mistake, we were pretty flat and personally I felt willis and maybe shaw should have been on at half time, instead we loose another goal and a player then we make changes, totally baffling!!!

there was nothing there today which would suggest we have any chance in avoiding the drop, there was no fight or passion, well I say that but miller and Robertson and even the keeper had reasonable games but 3 out of 14 just doesn't cut it, it really is soul destroying stuff, we really are just not good enough as a group!!! 

Archived