Alloa Albion Rovers

Couldn't believe my ears Gerry was back today. Shocker from the club.

Agreed. Disgraceful IMO, but hardly surprising given some previous decisions.

Thought we played pretty well today, but once again Albion Rovers defended brilliantly. We failed to hit the byline often enough, so the crosses we put in (even the better ones) were meat and drink to the Dunlops and Stewart in goals.

Given results elsewhere we have strengthened second place. So, far from a bad day.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

could not make the game today but looks obvious how it went , noticed too that we are better off even though we drew, livi won as usual so we wont be catching them anyway ,

good to consolidate second, just hope we give livi a game next week , cant let them win the league on us ...

1 hour ago, Craig said:

What happened to Holmer about fifteen minutes into second half? Seemed to remember how to play football.

:lol:

In terms of ability and dictating the game Holmer has been one of our best players for months.

Really bugs me all the halfwits who ignore all the good things Holmer does, then straight on his back at one slack pass. Laughable.

Very frustrating that we couldn't get a second goal today, but it's not like it's unusual to see us struggle to find space against a side that are well organised at the back. Don't remember Albion having a decent chance before their goal, but you have to take them when they come, so well played. I might have had a mini head's gone had one of Albion's chances in the last twenty minutes been converted, as it was bad enough just not winning today without totally fucking up an otherwise pleasant afternoon  :wacko:

Fucking depressing to hear Wasps1 back on the tannoy; for whoever was asking earlier in the thread, yes, he always sounds like he's been asked to read a script in an unfamiliar language. I guess his absence was just due to some holiday time he had booked, and nothing to do with his obsession with embarrassing the club. Minter.

53 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

could not make the game today but looks obvious how it went , noticed too that we are better off even though we drew, livi won as usual so we wont be catching them anyway ,

good to consolidate second, just hope we give livi a game next week , cant let them win the league on us ...

Bloody hope we do, i'm getting my free hospitality booked for our game next week in anticipation of us winning the league. :lol:

Canny even praise Holmer without getting grief. Holmer looked more like the player we had last season today. As for his not trying, last week in particular he spent a lot of time giving the ball away and then rolling about on the floor feeling sorry for himself. Also, I don't get on his back for misplacing one pass, I do when it's pass after pass after pass. And when he gets caught in possession easily.

Took in this game to see what we face in a few weeks in Airdrie.  Alloa were very good at passing and good shape throughout the team; I though your main attacking threat seemed to be the overlapping Taggart ( I think) but it rarely troubled Rovers central defence with the eventual cross. Thought Spence looked a bit out of sorts with two headers and liked Cawley/Flannigan but sometimes you overplay the game? Rovers deserved a draw as it was a good goal they scored just on half time. They did sit back for most of the 2nd half and were hard to break down, but they nearly sneaked a 2nd with a quick counter attack by Wallace.( Still a good footballer despite his big backside) I enjoyed the game as it was quite end to end for most of the time. Clearly the  Rovers fans celebrated more as the bottom lot either stayed as far away or the gap widened. If they beat QP on Tuesday the league looks really tight from 2 down. Airdrie play Brechin next week so there is a real six pointer.

43 minutes ago, Craig said:

Canny even praise Holmer without getting grief. Holmer looked more like the player we had last season today. As for his not trying, last week in particular he spent a lot of time giving the ball away and then rolling about on the floor feeling sorry for himself. Also, I don't get on his back for misplacing one pass, I do when it's pass after pass after pass. And when he gets caught in possession easily.

I dont recall a single game in 6 years where Holmer has misplaced pass after pass. He's very noticeably our coolest head on the ball without a doubt.

21 minutes ago, pencils said:

He was wasps1 on here until he got banned if you can recall

I know who he was and liked a wind up but what did he do to get taken off the mike and everyone hating him.

why was he kicked off here also? 

Homer has been an unbelievable servant to the club, fantastic ability..the way he brings the ball down and turns players and his range of passes, has to be one of the best i've seen in an alloa shirt and if anybody says any different they are away with the fairies.

Didnt think we had a great day just put that down to arguably there not being a great deal to play for now.

Great credit goes to albion rovers other than the first game they have been our bogey team and today was about them not us. Big fan of both of your strike force, gutted the big man went off had he stayed on it may have been a different game.

Well done [emoji106]????

10 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Wasps1 made a comment to a young stirling albion fan on here that he shoudnt have, i'm not sure if hes been removed of here or what, i assume he was on holiday from announcing as he is now back.

Let's not forget the hilariously-worded legal threats sent to the site owner after he was punted for chucking paedophile insults about.

I'm sure everyone has their own reasons for finding him a pain in the arse. Mine is that he's a terrible announcer who seems to delight in finding ways to annoy the home fans. The past month has seen a much improved matchday experience.

Archived