Alloa Albion Rovers

What we saying for this one?

Hopefully see Alloa taking out all frustrations from last week and winning by a few. Realistically - that probably won't happen. An organised Darren Young side will cause problems. Still at home, I'd hope and expect a win.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far more optimistic about this one than this time last week. Amazing what two wins can do. That being said I think most Rovers fans would take a point right now. We have our final game in hand against Queens Park on Tuesday night, probably the more winnable of the two.

Might see one or two changes as the players will undoubtedly be tired after two games in 4 days.

Also I'm looking forward to my first visit to Alloa for a number of years [emoji16]

22 hours ago, sam2304 said:

Far more optimistic about this one than this time last week. Amazing what two wins can do. That being said I think most Rovers fans would take a point right now. We have our final game in hand against Queens Park on Tuesday night, probably the more winnable of the two.

2 points from the 2 games would be acceptable.

Dont know if i would take out homer tbh, last weeks starting 11 is arguably our best 11 imo.

A game i think we can win and hope to win, wont be easy though..no games are.

I was just thinking if we had 2 really defensive midfielders it would let the forwards have more space, but it'll do with stevie and Holmes

Hard fought point, Rovers will be much happier with the point than Alloa.

First half was fairly even, Alloa's goal was a belter, thought Mick was slightly at fault as the Alloa player had space in behind him to take the ball and pass it out. Willis took his goal very well, with the last kick of the half too [emoji13]

We had a wee spell at the start of the second half but after that Alloa took over and we dropped deeper and deeper as the game reached the end. We were solid defensively though and despite Alloa's possession we never looked in too much trouble. Hard to pick a man of the match for Rovers, nobody really stood out. Wallace looked lively when he had the ball played into his feet, all too often though we played high balls to him which he had no chance with.

Concerning to see big Ross Stewart (striker) going off injured in the first half, hope it's not too serious.

Also Alloa should be done for cheating, the sun bouncing off Longworth's baldy napper when he came on as a sub was a clear attempt to blind our keeper

What happened to Holmer about fifteen minutes into second half? Seemed to remember how to play football. Was impressed by his spell, looked like he was trying for a change and got us somewhere.

Final ball let us down today. Rovers more than happy to take a draw, possibly could've troubled us on the counter like has happened so often to us recently.

Livi bound to win the title against us next week? Would hate to see it.

Wasps1 back aswell what a day to be alive [emoji849]

I think allowing wasp 1 back just shows contempt for the fans. He Abuses opposition fans and the clubs own fans and gets a slap on the wrist. Today we are back to Music played till after the game kicked off. Microphone turned up so loud it is incomprehensible to make out. Don't think he knows what a volume control there for

Another soft goal lost and we had control of the game with playing good passing football to the edge of the opponent box then trying to pass through them. A number of cross balls to the back post no one attacking the ball. We scored a cracking goal from 25 yards but we then failed to take a gamble on shooting from distance.

What happened to Holmer about fifteen minutes into second half? Seemed to remember how to play football. Was impressed by his spell, looked like he was trying for a change and got us somewhere.
Final ball let us down today. Rovers more than happy to take a draw, possibly could've troubled us on the counter like has happened so often to us recently.
Livi bound to win the title against us next week? Would hate to see it.

If you think Holmer hasn't been trying recently and only just started showing he can play football 15 minutes into the end half today shows how limited your knowledge of the game is..

I'm seriously beginning to think you and yer wee pal are just at it trying to noise people up. Pretty sad really!

Reminiscent of the last game against Albion at the Recs. Very frustrating.

Couldn't believe my ears Gerry was back today. Shocker from the club.

What has happened with the announcer like. When he was mentioning the stuff at the start about the guys going to do the rowing (rather them than me good luck to them) it was as if he was reading bad handwriting was very stop start

Today we were back doing what we do well. Dig in and stay disciplined making us hard to beat.

Archived