Choose Mrs Romeo's New car

Romeo

I still ask the question, why does anyone want a heated seat? I've been in a car when the screen wiper fluid has been frozen solid, but never once have I had a chilly arse crisis. Is it some fix for menopausal issues?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I still ask the question, why does anyone want a heated seat? I've been in a car when the screen wiper fluid has been frozen solid, but never once have I had a chilly arse crisis. Is it some fix for menopausal issues?

Cold leather in cold weather  gives you piles.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My 2005 Saab 9-3 had heated seats. Even when it was really cold I never found it to be useful. Your body heats your seat long before the heater. Maybe I am just hot stuff.
A heated steering wheel would be a good idea.

Get on it lads.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

One of these, and £11,800 cash

austin-metro-04.jpg

There's an entire generation now who know nothing of the horrors of British Leyland. I had an Allegro, a Princess and a Maestro and they were indescribably awful compared to today's cars.

In all seriousness, I've got a Renault Clio.  The 1.5 diesel engine.  Smart wee car, good media system, 70 odd MPG if you drive it right and free road tax (for now).
I picked it up brand new pre registered for under 12k 

022e8d6b606a4cfb59754c1c4c696014.jpg

Pre-reg is a good shout too. So many garages will have a fleet of brand new cars parked up to massage their sales figures. They register them, park them for three months then sell them as a "second hand" but brand new/unused car. Can knock thousands of the list price and still have the same warranty/finance/service deals as new ones. 

38 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Nice tongue-twister.   

Your lack of Kia only affirms my opinion that Kool Kids drive the Kia Dece.  

Bus w****r. 

Not in the slightest m9, I have 2 cars, although the lack of working just now may have to force me to get rid of one!

Hey @Romeo, do ya wanna buy a 13 plate Fiesta?

Some good shouts here, other stuff to look at now.

We went round a couple of dealerships last night and the salesman's patter is truly awful.

"BUY A CAR NOW TO AVOID THE NEW ROAD TAX CHARGES.....YOU NEED TO DO THIS...!...CARS WILL SHOOT UP IN PRICE AFTER THE CHARGES COME IN"

Said to the one guy why would people panic to by a car to save £140? He said cars were flying out of the door despite the garages being pretty much empty.

Had also looked at going down the broker route, anyone done that, seems they won't take Mrs Romeo's old KA as part exchange if going through a broker?

eta went to Dacia dealership incredible prices but cars seem very dated inside, salesman there was a bit of a sleazebag too.

Archived