Square go?

9 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Who do you think would win this proposed square go? Duffy would have height, weight and reach advantages but Lennon is younger and quicker.

I think Lenny would evade Duffy's punches until Duffy had a heart attack. Lennon would then get in a few sly kicks. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Who do you think would win this proposed square go? Duffy would have height, weight and reach advantages but Lennon is younger and quicker.

I reckon Lennon's a biter and no one would survive a bite from popcorn teeth.

Granny Danger v throbber could be a good one. Granny would be cocky but I reckon the wee Highland warrior would get a bit feisty and ultimately turn nasty. 

Correct, I would be strongest in terms of muscle but then GD would shoot me down by calling me a failure which would reduce me to tears and he would finish me off with a sleeper hold.

Grown men fighting is pathetic.
I could still batter throbber though.  Lonsdale wearing cunto.

You probably could and I have never been in a fight as I am not a violent person.

Granny would storm off, get in the Merc and try and run throbber over. throbber's lady would then throw herself in front of the Merc, causing a Princess Di-esque melange of German metal and royal flesh as Granny and his motor become one. She'd then pick up throbber, cradle him in his arms and suggest they go and get a chip supper with extra chips. 

Granny would storm off, get in the Merc and try and run throbber over. throbber's lady would then throw herself in front of the Merc, causing a Princess Di-esque melange of German metal and royal flesh as Granny and his motor become one. She'd then pick up throbber, cradle him in his arms and suggest they go and get a chip supper with extra chips. 

And people call me a Walter Mitty.

10 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Lennon is quicker? I've seen him attempting to go full pelt in the flesh a few times and it truly is a sight to behold. It was like he was running through treacle while pulling a caravan full of anvils. Between that and him pulling off his top to reveal the opposite of a six pack, much to the amusement of Graeme Souness and Ruud Gullit, it is a mystery how he maintained a playing career at such a high level.

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Lennon is quicker? I've seen him attempting to go full pelt in the flesh a few times and it truly is a sight to behold. It was like he was running through treacle while pulling a caravan full of anvils. Between that and him pulling off his top to reveal the opposite of a six pack, much to the amusement of Graeme Souness and Ruud Gullit, it is a mystery how he maintained a playing career at such a high level.

I remember a young Scott Brown squaring up to a young Sol Bamba. Brown did his usual puffed up chest act. Bamba just laughed down at him and rolled up his top to show his freakish 12 pack stomach and walked off.  

Quicker and a bit more nimble than a 57 year old Duffy. I'm old enough to remember Jim Duffy when he played and he was no greyhound.

As someone else said, Lennon is a dirty wee shite. Could easily see him biting the ear off Duffy in a clinch inna Mike Tyson stylee

I can mind, some years ago, driving through High Valleyfield in Fife when I chanced upon some kind of altercation. Two guys were holding one guy by his arms while a third guy was punching f**k out of him.  I stopped to ask wtf was going on here. The guy who was doing the punching informed me that in Valleyfield this was what was commonly known as a square go. 

I've never really been in a fight either throbber.  I wouldn't want to fight you, you are one of the good guys.

I'm really not, i argue with people a lot but never feel like hitting someone and have never received a punch for my efforts. Almost all violence I have ever seen has been around drunk people in public who know if they start fighting people will jump in quite quickly.

Archived