Why do we keep letting this happen? Abject failure, smattered by the odd glimmer of hope!!

Why after helping form the great game of football all those years ago, are we still in the doldrums?

If you don't think we are and you think I'm being too dramatic here, please lend me some of your optimistic pills as I'm struggling to find anything to be happy with in our national game. 

Is it being run by self preserving numties? I think most of us would agree.

Should we go for wholesale change?

Start all over again?

Struggle on with the same old same old, and hope we get the odd glimmer of hope?

Keep changing the manager so that it freshens the same crap?

How many of you would keep following our game regardless of the standard?

Should we task the major Scottish Pro's, like Fergie, Souness, McLeish etc with putting them in charge of a fresh new committee to rebuild our game from bottom to top?

Is anyone worried enough about our game to care?

18 hours ago, They think its all over said:

I'm with you, just generalising with big names. Who would you like to see in a ex-pro committee before putting the hangers on to sword?

I'd rather see smallpox staging a comeback than an ex-pro committee charged with responsibility.

The answer is very clear to see, every manager last few decades start the campaign with such a negative attitude towards our own team sending them out to defend a nil nil scoreline then when our campaign lays in tatters they throw caution to the wind(not really just attacking)and low and behold we perform well.

The first manager who walks into that job who believes we have the players to take the game to any team will have us qualify until then we stay on the roundabout

4 hours ago, kenny131 said:

The answer is very clear to see, every manager last few decades start the campaign with such a negative attitude towards our own team sending them out to defend a nil nil scoreline then when our campaign lays in tatters they throw caution to the wind(not really just attacking)and low and behold we perform well.

The first manager who walks into that job who believes we have the players to take the game to any team will have us qualify until then we stay on the roundabout

Strachan has proven this to be wrong, as when he first came in he was really positive.

Sadly he shat it in Dublin and ever since we've regressed more and more, with Strachan getting more and more negative.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Strachan has proven this to be wrong, as when he first came in he was really positive.

Sadly he shat it in Dublin and ever since we've regressed more and more, with Strachan getting more and more negative.

That pretty much is what I said to fair. Manager is negative we stay on the roundabout

The SFA have already hired Malky Mackay to be "Performance Director".  I think that a lot of work needs to be done at the youth level to improve the work rate and attitude of young players.  There are too many stories of young Scottish players having attitude issues.

13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd rather see smallpox staging a comeback than an ex-pro committee charged with responsibility.

Good luck with the small pox, I'll take my chances with guys that have played the game at the highest level.

Or yes, we could just keep the same process that has been so successful since the 1860s. What have we ever achieved?          Eh, that's right nothing in all that time from helping to form the game.

I think people like you are helping to stifle any progress and are endlessly 'hoping' that it will change of it's own accord. People in charge of our game have done nothing with the set up as it is and are happy that they're involved with such a high status positions without ever doing anything.

I pedict when your reborn as a Monkey, you'll find we'll be in the same position as we are now. But hey, who cares eh?!!

14 hours ago, kenny131 said:

I think the roundabout is turning so fast, we are never going to get off. Not until someone gets some balls and drags us out of the never ending procession of new manager, same shit routine.

46 minutes ago, They think its all over said:

Good luck with the small pox, I'll take my chances with guys that have played the game at the highest level.

Or yes, we could just keep the same process that has been so successful since the 1860s. What have we ever achieved?          Eh, that's right nothing in all that time from helping to form the game.

I think people like you are helping to stifle any progress and are endlessly 'hoping' that it will change of it's own accord. People in charge of our game have done nothing with the set up as it is and are happy that they're involved with such a high status positions without ever doing anything.

I pedict when your reborn as a Monkey, you'll find we'll be in the same position as we are now. But hey, who cares eh?!!

What are you on about?

Of course our game is not well run and of course change is necessary.  Asking ex-players to lead it however, is a terrible, terrible idea.

What are you on about?
Of course our game is not well run and of course change is necessary.  Asking ex-players to lead it however, is a terrible, terrible idea.

Exactly this. Even ten mins of listening to ex pros on sportsound, the rest of the Scottish media n even sky is enough to illustrate how utterly clueless they are.

Even if a lot of ex-pros weren't dribbling morons, the game has changeed so much in just a few years, let alone decades.  They could tell the young players exactly what they did to get to the top, but it would mean largely f**k all nowadays.

Archived