Why do we keep letting this happen? Abject failure, smattered by the odd glimmer of hope!!

Different sport and different Country, but here in Japan they have a schools baseball tournament where each prefecture (region) champion goes the the National baseball stadium in Osaka to play in the Finals. It's live on National tv with better coverage than the SPFL. Stadium is sold out usually too for every game.

Regarding Scotland : we don't have enough qualified coaches plus the coaching that is available isn't good enough. Not necessarily their fault as having done my coaching badges back in 2006 I was shocked at how easy it was.

On 30/03/2017 at 23:50, Monkey Tennis said:

What are you on about?

Of course our game is not well run and of course change is necessary.  Asking ex-players to lead it however, is a terrible, terrible idea.

Indeed.  This would only result in the ex-pros sitting in a room and saying: "More football instead of English or History or Maths or Music or Art at schools", and "make tickets cheaper".  Neither of which would have the slightest effect on skill levels.  

Indeed.  This would only result in the ex-pros sitting in a room and saying: "More football instead of English or History or Maths or Music or Art at schools", and "make tickets cheaper".  Neither of which would have the slightest effect on skill levels.  

Never mind coaching.....imagine roasters like charlie nicholas or kris boyd in charge of commercial negotiations, infrastructure projects etc

Never mind coaching.....imagine roasters like charlie nicholas or kris boyd in charge of commercial negotiations, infrastructure projects etc

Nicholas would be a breath of fresh air. His first edict would stipulate that all players are required to wear leather suits, slip on shoes and no socks to official events.
And Boyd would swiftly clinch a multi million pound sponsorship deal with Monster Munch.

What are we waiting for?

All these posts slating ex scottish pros yet when the idea of a foreigner is floated to try something different this place goes into meltdown.....what the actual feck do you want.

1 thing for sure ex pro or foreigner with different ideas would be way better running our game than the morons who are just now.

For me the money the sfa have been getting each year is not being spent on grassroots it's paying there huge pay packs with nothing coming back at all, if there was an inspection of the books of where all the money has been spent this last 10 years I, m sure it would be a reporters dream.

18 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

All these posts slating ex scottish pros yet when the idea of a foreigner is floated to try something different this place goes into meltdown.....what the actual feck do you want.

1 thing for sure ex pro or foreigner with different ideas would be way better running our game than the morons who are just now.

For me the money the sfa have been getting each year is not being spent on grassroots it's paying there huge pay packs with nothing coming back at all, if there was an inspection of the books of where all the money has been spent this last 10 years I, m sure it would be a reporters dream.

Does it?  I'd say a foreign coach is largely supported on here, despite the SFA shitting themselves about it.

13 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Starting to think kenny makes an arse of himself on purpose. Far too often for it to just be down to stupidity.

I know what you mean, but nah.  

My money is on good old fashioned stupidity.

Archived