Troon sign Ryan Stevenson

Troon Portland

I'm sure this will come as a MASSIVE surprise to everyone, but Troon have confirmed the signing of former Ayr, Partick, Hearts & Scotland midfielder Ryan Stevenson on a contract til the end of next season.

Plenty been said about this already I know, but this is not only good for our club but for the Junior grade as a whole that we can attract a player of this calibre.

Welcome to the Juniors, Stevo!

http://www.troonfc.co.uk/news/new-signing-ryan-stevenson/

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan was on BBC Alba in Saturday saying he was finished with all levels of football & also stated that Troon wanted to sign him but he was done. Obviously I know what's changed his mind but I'm wondering if he's gonna be fully committed to the cause & if he will fancy the fight on a wet Saturday afternoon in Darvel or Rutherglen?

Hardly a sensational signing. There have been plenty of ex senior players who have disappointed everyone in the Juniors. Just another signing, nothing to shout about. I, too, struggle to accept that the Junior grade is now richer for having him Ryan Stevenson play with them.

All the best to him. He always came across as a decent guy with us, and clearly has ability on the ball.

Unfortunately, aside from some stunning goals and good set pieces, I don't think his body is up to football anymore.

Just another senior journeyman turning to a rich sugar daddy for one last payday,, the juniors wont benifit from this guy being here the only person to do so will be himself but if Troon are willing to pay him a healthy wage which he is sure to be on thats up to them.

5 hours ago, Troon Portland said:

I'm sure this will come as a MASSIVE surprise to everyone, but Troon have confirmed the signing of former Ayr, Partick, Hearts & Scotland midfielder Ryan Stevenson on a contract til the end of next season.

Plenty been said about this already I know, but this is not only good for our club but for the Junior grade as a whole that we can attract a player of this calibre.

Welcome to the Juniors, Stevo!

http://www.troonfc.co.uk/news/new-signing-ryan-stevenson/

I said  months ago this would happen

Archived