Bathgate v Whitburn

Whitburn Vale

Nothing like a local derby to get the juices flowing. Whitburn are running out of time to get themselves safe and I'm sure they've been targeting this game as one to start the turnaround. We on the otherhand will be determined to finish the season strongly and take the three points. The ingredients are there for a cracker.

Great first half from Whitburn,absolutely blew Bathgate away. 2nd half was a more even affair with a wee wobble in the middle of it by Whitburn.

All in all a good day out,no pitch invasion but a happy chappy,good to meet falside jag too :)

Three or four wins in the last nine games should see Whitburn avoid the drop. Great ream performance today and Bathgate well beaten. but for some poor referring decisions throughout this season Whitburn would be safe including the good goal chocked of against Bathgate in the last five minutes earlier in the season. We should not be in this position but all to play for,

That was a totally abject first half from Bathgate today. I really didn't see that coming. Whitburn were value for their lead though and played extremely well. After the break I would say that Bathgate were comfortably the better side but the damage was already done and Whitburn left The Creamery deserved winners. That's only our second defeat since the beginning of December and I'm fairly confident that we will still finish strongly in the league. Whitburn have it in their own hands and must use this as a springboard.

And it was good to put a face to the username Whitburn Vale.

We definitely missed Dave Taylor George Bonnar and big Darren today but the boys should have been good enough but sadly weren't. Only 3rd defeat in 5 months so you would take that run of games.
It was a great atmosphere with the very large crowd with lots of banter, I hope whitburn can get out of the bottom 3 as we need games like this.

Enjoyed the game yesterday, probably helped by watching a rare victory. The pitch looked in great condition, but I have to say that for a new structure, the view from the enclosure is poor. The pillars block out much of the park meaning you have to keep moving to see the game. 

Superb result for the Burnie been hard over the last 2months to watch games that we should have got a result but didn't. Next 3 games at home will be crucial so let's hope this result is a stepping stone to better things.Got to admire the pitch and facilities at the Creamery they are first class . Congratulations to the committee on an excellent job and very much hope that we can return next season.

3 hours ago, shuggie123 said:

Enjoyed the game yesterday, probably helped by watching a rare victory. The pitch looked in great condition, but I have to say that for a new structure, the view from the enclosure is poor. The pillars block out much of the park meaning you have to keep moving to see the game. 

Standing between the pillars helps.

Archived