Black magic

Fide

I note that Unionists who were crowing about Scotland's oil for the past few years have went pretty quiet all of a sudden.

secretoil3.jpg

hurricaneoil.jpg

http://www.bp.com/en_gb/united-kingdom/where-we-operate/north-sea/north-sea-major-projects/clair-ridge.html

"

Clair Ridge is the second phase of development of the Clair field which, with an estimated eight billion barrels of oil in place, is the largest undeveloped hydrocarbon resource on the UKCS. Clair was discovered in 1977, but challenging reservoir characteristics and the technological limits of the time meant it was the mid-1990s before the field saw extensive drilling and 2001 before BP and partners approved a development plan.

Targeting the 300 million barrels of recoverable reserves believed to be held in the Phase 1 area, BP and partners brought the field onstream in 2005 with the first fixed offshore facility to be installed in the west of Shetland area. Horizontal drilling and high-quality seismic imaging have both played an important role in BP’s ability to tap the reservoir’s complex geology. Clair Phase 1 had produced more than 100 million barrels by October 2014.

To the north is Clair Ridge, where BP is targeting 640 million barrels of recoverable resources. The £4.5bn investment involves two new bridge-linked platforms, the jackets (legs) of which were installed in the summer of 2013. In 2015, the platform’s quarters and utilities (QU) topside modules were safely installed and construction was complete in June 2016 with the installation of the final topside modules. Hook-up and commissioning is now under way with first oil expected in 2018.

Clair Ridge is designed to continue producing until 2050 at a peak rate of more than 100,000 barrels of oil per day.

It will see the world’s first deployment of BP’s enhanced oil recovery technology LoSal®, a water injection method that is expected to deliver an additional 40 million barrels of oil.

We are continuing our appraisal drilling programme in the Clair field to help define a possible third phase of development."

Oil is such a burden.

Love Me Like You is clearly the greatest.

Another stone cold banger, Wings was another. So many classics. What a group. And they were more vocally anti-bombing Syria than the Labour Party our supposed opposition.

It's black gold not black magic.
Didn't you ever watch The Beverly Hillbillies? 

I believe the OP was making reference to the arcane mysticism and dark arts used to portray oil as worthless and/or a burden to Scotland while commercial enterprises do seem to think it does still have value.

I might have gone with Crude Hypocrisy myself.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Get your own patter, Grandad.

Sorry, I hadn't noticed your post.  I'm embarrassed.

Imagine having the same patter as you.  :(

Archived