Bairns vs Fife's Finest

I can see us pressing the game high up the park from the off. Hughes can only play one way. And if we stop Raith playing out from the back, we should win this easily.

Austin should come back in for McHugh. Hopefully Taiwo and Sibbald i the middle with Hippo and Aird/Craigen on the wings.

I would keep Thomson in goal.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

I can see us pressing the game high up the park from the off. Hughes can only play one way. And if we stop Raith playing out from the back, we should win this easily.

I get people familiar with Hughes apparent 'style of play' might assume he's instilled this in us but believe me that's not the case. Our performance against QOS was shambolic at times and Hughes himself at least knows that describing us on the ball as 'murder'. When he came in he gave us the spiel about wanting to see us play a passing game and playing it out from the back but I think he's decided 'bugger this, just win by hook or by crook and get the shree points'.

United performance we might get something. QOS performance and we'll get horsed good and proper. Our away record is diabolical and Hughes has yet to get us any points away from home since he's came in. Yes people might think we're due something but I can't see it. Would take a point but deep down I think Falkirk will see this out 3-0 winners.

3 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Austin should come back in for McHugh. Hopefully Taiwo and Sibbald i the middle with Hippo and Aird/Craigen on the wings.

That made me laugh. Your in for a shock pal.

This made me laugh. Hopefully your manager has the same knowledge of our style of play.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think Hughes has come in and very quickly realised we don't have the personnel so play out from the back, so hoofing it up the park is the only other option.

Entirely correct. You could count on one hand the amount of completed passes Davidson, Callachan and Jordan Thompson have in one match. Matthews is a little better but mostly keeps it simple. On top of that, Hughes has mostly had to rely on Benedictus at left-back and Jason Thomson while often effective has never been good at close control or passing. We just don't have the players.

Hope we get the ball by hook or by crook to Ryan Hardie in the box is about the extent of our game plan. And to be fair to Hardie, he's doing about all he can to make it work.

9 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

This fixture in October was Raith's last away win. Since then they've had 3 draws, 6 defeats and only scored twice. Got to be confident against that.

Did you really have to?

Hippolyte and Craigen starting for the Development team tonight. Looks like it's the same midfield that started on Saturday there.

Whilst you could be right, I think Hippolyte playing tonight could also be used to give him a kick up the backside & should he play well, could find himself in the starting line up.

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Whilst you could be right, I think Hippolyte playing tonight could also be used to give him a kick up the backside & should he play well, could find himself in the starting line up.

I'm not sure why he needs a kick up the backside. He missed the QoS through suspension and hasn't started since then because Houston doesn't like to tinker. Not like he's lacking form, as he got an assist in the Dumbarton game where he picked up the last booking. 

IMO, Houston was probably justified in keeping the same XI for Ayr after a comfortable win in Dumfries, but I thought it was a mental decision to leave out our most productive player in the two biggest games of the season.

Archived