Scotland V England

mizfit

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Good to see our best striker getting a double on Tuesday night.

From what I've heard even Wednesday fans were surprised. Makes you wonder what has happened to Fletcher in the last 4 years or so - going from a solid, valued EPL striker good for 10-12 goals a season to a bit part player for a Championship club. He's only just 30. Perhaps the injuries he suffered at Sunderland did him in?

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

From what I've heard even Wednesday fans were surprised. Makes you wonder what has happened to Fletcher in the last 4 years or so - going from a solid, valued EPL striker good for 10-12 goals a season to a bit part player for a Championship club. He's only just 30. Perhaps the injuries he suffered at Sunderland did him in?

He is lazy and only cares about the wonga now, he could have joined an epl team but chose the money instead, says everything you need to know about him. He ain't no kenny miller type who just loves playing the game.

He is lazy and only cares about the wonga now, he could have joined an epl team but chose the money instead, says everything you need to know about him. He ain't no kenny miller type who just loves playing the game.

I'm not one to defend fletcher but I don't recall any epl sides being interested in him even though he was a free agent.

On his day, Fletcher is absolutely excellent. In the game against Georgia at Ibrox, he was involved in every single attack, creating so many chances for those around him. His pass for Anya in Germany and Anya again in the lead up to Maloney's vs Poland were both great.
Griffiths is better at creating space and drawing fouls, but I just think Fletcher's technical ability is head and shoulders above the other strikers. I'd be more confident with Griffiths with a chance (although he's missed a couple of sitters in our last two games at Hampden), but I think Fletcher allows those in behind - which is where we are strongest - to play their game.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Whether he raised games from 2 years ago or 2 days ago, he's not wrong about him having the best technical ability out of all our forwards.  

Best technical ability out of our strikers you having a laugh,  he's all round bog standard with no technical ability wat so ever hence he's in the championship. He has no pace can't hold it up and can't finish his dinner what technical ability are you talking about

4 hours ago, forameus said:

Whether he raised games from 2 years ago or 2 days ago, he's not wrong about him having the best technical ability out of all our forwards.  

Not necessarily. Griffiths arguably has better technique in his left foot than Fletch does in both his. There's a player in Fletcher but just doesn't seem the committed type to me. 

Not necessarily. Griffiths arguably has better technique in his left foot than Fletch does in both his. There's a player in Fletcher but just doesn't seem the committed type to me. 

I wonder how much of that is body language tho. Fletcher 'looks' languid whereas Griff looks nippy. No idea how you could reliably compare their commitment levels tho. I suppose Fletcher will always have the Levein fallout thing hanging over his reputation.

I just think he looks quite lazy. Maybe it is body language but they'll be be some truth in it IMO.

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I wonder how much of that is body language tho. Fletcher 'looks' languid whereas Griff looks nippy. No idea how you could reliably compare their commitment levels tho. I suppose Fletcher will always have the Levein fallout thing hanging over his reputation.

On 4/7/2017 at 00:03, accies1874 said:

On his day, Fletcher is absolutely excellent. In the game against Georgia at Ibrox, he was involved in every single attack, creating so many chances for those around him. His pass for Anya in Germany and Anya again in the lead up to Maloney's vs Poland were both great.
Griffiths is better at creating space and drawing fouls, but I just think Fletcher's technical ability is head and shoulders above the other strikers. I'd be more confident with Griffiths with a chance (although he's missed a couple of sitters in our last two games at Hampden), but I think Fletcher allows those in behind - which is where we are strongest - to play their game.

Good post.   

The Fletcher dropping deep and Anya running in behind worked a treat.    Why Strachan changed this to shoehorn in paceless Ritchie is anyone's guess.

Archived