Scotland V England

mizfit

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You, I fully respect are a Scotland supporter, but it never fails to amaze me that the people you meet at these games are rarely OF fans.

Never met many 'OF' fans in the 60s-80s either.  I did meet loads of Rangers fans both home and away and would go as far as to say that in my early supporting career most Scotland fans had no antipathy towards the folk from Govan.

Changed days when the fandans masquerading as supporting the supposed national team boo and make banners about a player because of the team he plays for. 

Never met many 'OF' fans in the 60s-80s either.  I did meet loads of Rangers fans both home and away and would go as far as to say that in my early supporting career most Scotland fans had no antipathy towards the folk from Govan.
Changed days when the fandans masquerading as supporting the supposed national team boo and make banners about a player because of the team he plays for. 

After the Armageddon stuff and booing flower of Scotland and singing GSTQ at ibrox every week you can all go get fucked as far as I'm concerned. The cheek to wonder why Scottish football fans severely dislike you too.

Iain Black deserved to be booed, he was playing in League 2 at the time for some new diddy outfit. Should have been nowhere near the Scotland team.

Wallace deserves to be booed for being fucking hopeless.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've gone to watch Scotland home and away over decades but can understand why some Rangers fans are 'cooling' towards our national team.

I'm genuinely interested as to why this is? All I have heard from some other Rangers fans is paranoid nonsense about the SFA being against Rangers and a curious notion that the Tartan Army apparently boo Rangers players simply because they play for Rangers - which is also nonsense, (unless they are referring to the Ferguson/McGregor incident?, but that was nothing to do with their Rangers association and everything to do with their childish antics).

From the outside, Rangers antipathy appears to stem from a sense of injustice about being punished for their liquidation. Even if it is justified, it doesn't explain to me why Rangers fans are 'cooling' towards the National Team. Most Scotland fans I know, (including myself), have nothing but contempt for the SFA, however, the players on the park are not there to represent the SFA.

5 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Iain Black deserved to be booed, he was playing in League 2 at the time for some new diddy outfit. Should have been nowhere near the Scotland team.

Wallace deserves to be booed for being fucking hopeless.

I didn't even interpret it as Black himself getting booed. I thought the dissatisfaction was directed at Levein and his decision to play a League 2 player as a GIUY to the fans.

I didn't even interpret it as Black himself getting booed. I thought the dissatisfaction was directed at Levein and his decision to play a League 2 player as a GIUY to the fans.

That's what it was, with Levein picking him to get one over on the fans.

Bit like Strachan picking McGinn.

Hubris is a rare commodity in football management.

Used to work beside a boy who lived in Stenhousemuir and was born in Falkirk and was a Rangers season ticket holder and took great pride in wearing an England top to work.

He stated he supported England because most Scotland fans hated England. To be fair he was an absolute tadger[emoji16]

I no longer go to Scotland games but my mate that I did go with was a Rangers man was probably more patriotic than me.

Fandans in every teams support.

A video that my friend filmed just after it went 2-1 has gone viral on sportbible. 

Best scenes I've been involved in without actually being at the game. It was filmed in the Globe in Dundee and was shut shortly after FT as there were so many smashed glasses and a pint went flying through one of the flatsceens. So gutted we could hold. 

Here it is.

6 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

I'm still struggling to come to terms with their late equaliser. So close to one of the best results ever. I think I need to visit a grief counsellor. 

We have had much better results in the past against much better teams than this current England team. However if you are comparing our relative World Rankings :lol: I guess a 2-1 victory would have been  peachy. I still think we were lucky to get a draw. 

Archived