Scotland V England

mizfit

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don't know how much stick he was getting but he wasn't on that long before the goal. Running over at the goal to wind up the Scotland supporters was out of order and I don't think he was even booked.

I think it's great.  More players should do it.  Leigh Griffiths certainly did.  Football fans can give it out but very rarely are capable of taking a little winding up.

'Oh ya fucker,see if this goes in'

Outstanding.
There's a video of the second Scotland goal filmed from the England end. The seethe in it is out of this world.

Didn't watch the game, watched the highlights and as blah as I am towards the Scottish international team, I am gutted I wasn't there or even watched it live for that reaction. Immense!

Anyone else think Mulgrew should have done much better at the equaliser? Granted, it was a decent ball in and Gordon might have come for it but I think a centre half should be heading that away. Or at least making it more difficult for Kane.

Still, 2-2 v England is a good result, maybe not as much in this case but I did expect a 2 or 3 goal win for England before the game. 

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I think it's great.  More players should do it.  Leigh Griffiths certainly did.  Football fans can give it out but very rarely are capable of taking a little winding up.

Totes. Cock helicopters by Griffiths after the second goal would have been wholly appropriate.

Neville pointed out on sky, and was right to do so, that England's first goal comes from Tierney not dealing with a high ball. He let's it bounce and then plays a dodgy back pass that Gordon just about hooks into the stand. From that throw our defence are sleeping and the ox takes advantage. Then the keeper error.

But ultimately our fitness told for that goal (and probably played a part in Armstrong's error late on).

They're (England) not particularly brilliant footballers but they're considerably stronger in terms of fitness and power.

The drama of the end of that game clouds the fact that a draw from that was underserved. A couple of positives, yes, but Strachan needs to go and Gordon should never be seen in a Scotland shirt again.

Neville pointed out on sky, and was right to do so, that England's first goal comes from Tierney not dealing with a high ball. He let's it bounce and then plays a dodgy back pass that Gordon just about hooks into the stand. From that throw our defence are sleeping and the ox takes advantage. Then the keeper error.

But ultimately our fitness told for that goal (and probably played a part in Armstrong's error late on).

They're (England) not particularly brilliant footballers but they're considerably stronger in terms of fitness and power.

There was nothing wrong with that back pass from Tierney imo. Gordon makes a c**t of it for me. Although admittedly not seen it back, Tierney plays it on to his left foot it might've been a bit harder than he expected but should be dealing with it better.

The drama of the end of that game clouds the fact that a draw from that was underserved. A couple of positives, yes, but Strachan needs to go and Gordon should never be seen in a Scotland shirt again.

Craig Gordon has been a fantastic servant for Scotland. Yes he had a bad game, but calling him out line that is out of order.

If we have a better keeper, playing well for a good team, then fine.

More than a bit harsh. Is no player ever expected to ever have a bad game in your eyes?

How many times has Gordon been the hero for us in the past?

It's hardly a case that he's an incompetent keeper. We all know how good he can be.

There was nothing wrong with that back pass from Tierney imo. Gordon makes a c**t of it for me. Although admittedly not seen it back, Tierney plays it on to his left foot it might've been a bit harder than he expected but should be dealing with it better.

Tierney leaves it late which invites more pressure. His back pass was also firm and a bit bobbly (I think).

We never fully dealt with the high ball and ultimately conceded. A lot of this was down to tiredness.

I was jumping round the living room going absolutely fucking mental when the first went in, then when the second went in was utter carnage the dug jumped about 20 feet in the air.

Imagine that feeling Griffiths must've had seeing not only the first but second go in, that's literally the stuff that dreams are made of.

It's even more gutting that the 2 goals we conceded were easily preventable.

Tierney leaves it late which invites more pressure. His back pass was also firm and a bit bobbly (I think).

We never fully dealt with the high ball and ultimately conceded. A lot of this was down to tiredness.

Watch it back. Not sure what you're expecting Tierney to do there. It was an extremely awkward ball to deal with.

Archived