Scotland V England

mizfit

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- crowd were superb,they were really up for it ,went a bit flat at times but except for the end it wasn't a game that would keep a crowd buzzing, booing anthems is always a bit iffy but it happens everywhere,the Saville chant has outraged some, i had a bit of a laugh at the time,was what it was.

I think there definitely is a decent team forming here,Robertson gets snapped up by a top EPL team ,the Celtic boys play consistently in Europe and Burke progresses the way we hope will all help the national side ,would be a bit worried in central defence and keeper but there is a lot to be positive about IMO.

Hope the guy sitting behind us and who left after 85 minutes managed to achieve his stated dual aim of beating the traffic and avoiding having to watch any more of this shite. [emoji38]

What a fucking roaster. Some people eh?

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Hope you are crying in your beer tonight......if you can still afford one. emoji16.png

At work at the moment, so no beer for me yesterday. The thing you'll find about most people who gamble, is that they can afford to lose the money they're staking.

Strachan has indeed done a much better job of things in the last few games.

The complete arse he made of it at the end of the last/start of this campaign means he will almost certainly end his Scotland career as a total failure though 

I'd let him see out the campaign. If he can pull off a spectacular turnaround, which overcomes his spectacularly inept management from the start of the campaign, great. Assuming he doesn't, he can do one. Too little, too late.

Unless they actually are planning in Moyes. Would rather Strachan gets a 10 year deal than us hire that diddy.

I think you can point to a few decisions either way but I don't think they're been any massive change in the manager's approach throughout his time. Yes we're playing better now but I don't think it's too much within his control.

Tierney and Armstrong weren't available to him back then, different players in form. He, like any manager, has a few favourites - but he picks, by in large, the best and on-form players we have. It's a balanced approach.

The last five minutes yesterday shows how ridiculous this game can be and at those times the manager has next to no influence.

If we hang on yesterday he looks like the greatest manager in the world. But we didn't really deserve to win the match. We did well to blunt England, but we didn't threaten enough. Then the end happened.

He's always done a pretty good job at setting up our team. Sometimes he gets it wrong.

If there's a luckier manager out there I'd have him in a heartbeat. But we'll not really know that until it happens (and even then we'll put it down to genius).

First half was dire, strachan parked the bus and england ran out of ideas fairly quick although kane had a few half chances.Morrison was a passenger, Anya worse game he has had for us and Snodgrass was invisible.Would be astounded if he was still at West Ham in a years time.

Some blaming gordon for the first goal but looked to have taken a massive deflection from where i was watching. Step up Griffiths, two world class free kicks in the space of 2 minutes, unreal scenes. Then the ultimate kick in the guts all we have to do is clear it but somehow it ends up coming back into our box. Felt like a defeat, as good a defeat in the circumstances. Just an absolute sickner.

I didn't realise until I saw the to highlights how big a mess Gordon made at the first goal.  As for the second, the balls travelled 30 yards in the air and kicked into the net inside the 6 yard box - keeper must must must come and claim that.  Same old story with England - some outstanding thoroughbred athletes in their team, but not many actual football players.

Well, things usually feel better in the morning but not today. Still fucking gutted.

I've seen a lot of people saying that England were much better than us and that we were shite. I didn't see it that way at all. Though Scotland played very well, not always great but overall we competed very well and actually some of our passing and play in places was superb.

For all England have better player, they didn't show it yesterday. They were poor. There were interviews from the afterwards saying they controlled the game but I didn't think they did at all.

Atmosphere was brilliant. Don't give a f**k that we booed GSTQ (though I didn't join in) nor the Saville song really. We were quiet and respectful when it mattered.

Never been Griffiths' greatest, but fair play to him. Two superb free kicks. We need Armando Iannucci to invent a new word to describe Gordon's performance. Catastrophic barely covers it. What is the problem with catching the ball? We didn't play particularly well, with a few players clearly well below the standard required, but England, as is often the case, performed far below the sum of its parts. Armstrong passes the ball left at the end rather than right, it's three against one and the odds on 3-1 are much higher than 2-2 (or at least the option is there to keep the ball and run down the clock), but he panicked when there was no need to do so. Scottish international football in microcosm, sadly.

The GSTQ booing was fantastic, if anything it's disappointing the Scotland players and coaching staff never joined in.

This. f**k that song. Consistently booed them singing Rule Brittania as well, if that makes me a "cretin" then so be it.

The reaction after the first goal was incredible, celebrations after the second was the second best I can ever remember being part of (May's second in the Scottish Cup Semi will never be matched). There was a young kid behind me who's maybe two young to grasp it all, but he was standing on his seat with a look of shock on his face at the scenes unfolding infront of him.

That feeling will last longer than the pain of their equaliser, for me

At work at the moment, so no beer for me yesterday. The thing you'll find about most people who gamble, is that they can afford to lose the money they're staking.

I like a flutter too, but as a rule.....never against my own team!

8 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

This. Whole lot better than what looked like a decent effort in a 1-0 defeat with 5 minutes to go though.

Still fecking gutting though :(

I'm not sure.

When it was fizzling away to a non-descript 0-1 defeat, there was that sense of disappointment and resignation.  That wouldn't have compared to the dejection at the final whistle when it arrived yesterday though.

Archived