Scotland V England

mizfit

Told you they are pish [emoji14] never thought before the game I would be gutted with the draw

Mate, pish teams fail to win from winning positions.

Quality teams have the ability to find goals when they need to.

As I said in an earlier post that's the difference between average teams and quality ones.

Just back and absolutely gutted. Not enamoured with Strachan's tactics today but we nearly got out of jail via Griffiths. If we are honest, we would have stolen the win but it still feels like a defeat.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you take out the two brilliant strikes from Griffiths we virtually created nothing the entire game.i thought the defensive tactics were disgraceful and Strachan got lucky with the two wonder strikes.

In typical fashion after getting into a totally unbelievable winning position with a couple of minutes to go we yet again shot ourselves in foot.

Overall England were clearly better than us without playing well. Easy to see how they skate through second rate quality groups and then flop spectacularly at the big tourneys.

They are miles behind the top Euro and World powers.Sadly when we come up against any sort of quality it is 9 behind the ball and a lone striker. Hope for a 0-0 or a set piece.

No future in this strategy whatsoever but this result will be heralded as a great battling display. We were extremely poor with England better than us but uninspiring.

Griffiths deserves great credit for his work and terrific quality.

Only players who look good enough to me were Tierney, Robertson, Brown (despite his stupid indiscipline) and Griff - the rest were miles off pace and out of their depth.

We didn't look any worse than England..

Sorry we did look a lot worse than England. Despite playing at home we played for a 0-0 and hoped for an against the run of play goal. Fact that we scored two goals was incredible.

Despite being poor and uninspiring I counted 4/5 good chances for England over and above the two goals. They also dominated the match stats.We created virtually zero in open play.That is not a method of play that will take us to a major final.

If we are to improve Management need to be honest with themselves and try and establish a pattern of play that can create chances and attempt to win key matches.

Slovakia won, Slovenia won, Scotland drew.

We are in a worst position now than we were this morning.

Let us not allow the deluded Glengarry Crew (of which PNB is over run with) fog the reality of our situation.

Today was an abject disaster for Scotland and Gordon Strachan must tender his resignation immediately.

Let us not allow the deluded Glengarry Crew (of which PNB is over run with) fog the reality of our situation.

Today was an abject disaster for Scotland and Gordon Strachan must tender his resignation immediately.

Your patter is still shite then?

25 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Mate, pish teams fail to win from winning positions.

Quality teams have the ability to find goals when they need to.

As I said in an earlier post that's the difference between average teams and quality ones.

Just back and absolutely gutted. Not enamoured with Strachan's tactics today but we nearly got out of jail via Griffiths. If we are honest, we would have stolen the win but it still feels like a defeat.

This.

I'm still hurting and I'm going to bed :(

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Literally (and figuratively) the most Scottish result ever.

It must....seeing as you are a unicellular entity...be frustrating.....not to be able to crawl under stones...they must be heavy I suppose...for a unicellular entity.

Even leaving aside the "worst runners-up" concern, even winning our last 4 games may not be enough to finish 2nd. Contrary to suggestions even that is not quite in our own hands.

Doing so would put us on 20pts.

Slovenia could reach 21pts by winning their other 3 games, although that would entail beating England at Wembley.

Slovenia could reach 20pts by winning their other 3 games, although that would entail beating England at Wembley. Their GD is currently 4 better than ours, and their GF is 3 better.

More realistically... even if Slovakia lose in London, they'd just need to beat Slovenia and hold us to a draw.

(Assuming they'd beat Malta at home to finish).

17 minutes ago, Lex said:

you really ARE a sad wee man.

Not long back.

Gutted at the end but absolute scenes at our 2 goals.

England are a fairly limited team but clearly have a level of quality that we can only dream of.

It`s not a bad result and all credit to the players who gave their all but it`s a real uphill task as others have stated. 

Some decent displays from some of our players today.

Snodgrass was really poor and for all the energy Anya brings his second touch is often a tackle.

I expected Gordon to come for the cross but watching it again, several times, he wasn't at fault. Just a fraction of a second before it falls for Kane the ball is at least twelve feet in the air. It then dips so he would have had to display remarkable judgement to time his move perfectly and even then, he'd be diving headlong into Kane's legs. I doubt many keepers would have come for it and I doubt many keepers would have caught the initial free kick, though he maybe could have turned it round for a corner. But that could have resulted in a goal too. Totally at fault for the first though. I thought it must have got deflected and couldn't believe the hash he made of it. Is there an argument that he just isn't kept busy enough at Celtic? Who would we put in instead, Marshall? He hasn't had the best season.

Thought Armstrong and Brown were fairly decent. Armstrong was the flavour of the month after his debut and now he's a hate figure to some. Pie and Bovril, eh?

Why are people coming out with "great game from Griffiths"? P and B was pointing and laughing at him until the 87th minute, for good reason. Yes, he struck two decent free kicks in the dying moments, but that doesn't equate to a "great game". Hart will take a hammering for those goals. 

Lex's post is fairly dramatic but I do agree with the sentiment. Bar the obvious scenes at the goals, it was for the most part another uninspiring performance and Slovakia and Slovenia's wins leave us well out of it. Does anyone genuinely think we'll qualify? 

Gordon overall was poor. At 2-1 with a couple of mins to go we should be seeing any game out. Would we have taken a draw at kick off yes but its how we get the draw thats a scunner.

Cmon scotland cmon.

Archived