Scotland V England

mizfit

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Why the f**k did I end up having to support Scotland & Dundee?

Will I ever know what success feels like?

Glenn Hoddle was at the game.  He could probably tell you what you did in a past life to deserve it. 

I'm absolutely gutted. Scenes when Griffiths got that second were up there with Anya vs Germany and Andreu vs Hibs. The scenes a few minutes later were just deflating.

The thing is, we weren't even that good, but England's lack of creativity from midfield means that they tend to struggle against teams that sit back.

Tierney is a phenomenal player who will do great things in the game; whether that be at right-back, centre-back or left-back. Other than that, no one really stood out.

ETA: Griffths ran himself into the ground but let down by a lack of service. I've given him stick and stood up for Fletcher, but Griffths has to be first choice striker.

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

No - the 'Scotland way' is to finish fourth in the group after a set of mediocre results throughout, because they're also-rans. 

We're not even near The Scotland Way level of quality right now.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Brown played well and the hatred for him on these boards is fucking ridiculous.

Craig Gordon is an excellent keeper. He didn't have a great game.

All our players were absolutely dead on their feet. They gave everything.

Craig Gordon had an absolutely shocking game. Culpable for both goals, the first one twice, and the second one twice. He is no longer an excellent keeper, although he used to be. 

2 points dropped.  This England team are on a level with Slovenia/Slokavia.  

I couldn't understand certain 'Sky sports' type posters suggesting we should be feart of Rashford, Ali and Kane.   In 99 we played against Scholes, Beckham, Shearer.   

England is a scalp we should be taking at home.   

Not a good result. 

I know the 'lack of quality in the middle of defence' thing has been done to death, but a half decent centre back prevents that equalizer. Their main striker was given a free run from 15 yards out to score from close in.

In injury time in a game like this, his marker should have as much intimate knowledge of Kane as his missus does.

1 minute ago, Pride_of_the_Clyde said:

Probably sick for Griffiths more than anything actually.

How do you think Gordon and Armstrong are feeling right now....so I feel pretty sick for them too...its not as if they deliberately fucked up.

Probably sick for Griffiths more than anything actually.

Just imagine how he must feel, before the first I thought to myself that must be every Scottish kids dream that having that FK sitting there for him, fully expected it to hit the wall or miss. Before the second I thought that even that's too far fetched to probably even imagine as a bairn and he goes away and does it just unbelievable stuff really if they'd held on 2 minutes it would've never been forgotten about, up with the 67 keepy up moment.

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I know the 'lack of quality in the middle of defence' thing has been done to death, but a half decent centre back prevents that equalizer. 

First thing  I thought to myself when I saw the teamsheet was ...'thank f**k Hanley's not playing!'

Archived