Scotland V England

mizfit

Guest bernardblack

It has to be Brown and Fletcher in the two sitting midfield places tomorrow. No argument whatsoever.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has to be Brown and Fletcher in the two sitting midfield places tomorrow. No argument whatsoever.

Brown and Morrison please. Armstrong in front. Fletcher is a waste of a jersey. Looked shite in Carricks testimonial and he was actually trying, Seedorf made him look silly.

43 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Brown and Morrison please. Armstrong in front. Fletcher is a waste of a jersey. Looked shite in Carricks testimonial and he was actually trying, Seedorf made him look silly.

Seedorf made him look silly? Seedorf could walk into both Scotland and England teams and to their best player.

Besides, Fletcher was good in that match.

1 hour ago, 2 for a Foil said:

3 at the back is nonsense!

The most important game in the context of qualifying and we switch it all up in a desperate attempt to outfox the English. 

No chance! 

Keep things tight and hopefully nick a goal, you just never know.

C'mon Scotland, it's been too long!:)

Good point. Just keep to the tried and tested formula that has been a complete failure.

That'll work.

Just now, SlayerX said:

In fairness, they only mentioned Ali and Kane.

I watched for 5 - 10 mins and they never mentioned 1 single Scotland player and basically warned Strachan about how great England are.

I was so worried I Googled the 2016 Euros to check and yes it was Iceland that beat them.

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

I watched for 5 - 10 mins and they never mentioned 1 single Scotland player and basically warned Strachan about how great England are.

I was so worried I Googled the 2016 Euros to check and yes it was Iceland that beat them.

To be honest, I can't remember what was discussed. All I remember is them mentioning three at the back.

lol. I know. I think people fall into the trap of looking at the EPL and thinking that it makes England into a great team... then you look into it and find out that 70% of matchday players in the EPL are non-English.

Just now, SlayerX said:

To be honest, I can't remember what was discussed. All I remember is them mentioning three at the back.

lol. I know. I think people fall into the trap of looking at the EPL and thinking that it makes England into a great team... then you look into it and find out that 70% of matchday players in the EPL are non-English.

They only won 1 game at Euro 2016 and that was a very late winner v Wales.

Yeah, the top 6 Premiership teams have very few England players between their 66 starters.

If we go out today with the same attitude our wee teams have when they go to Parkhead then we will get the same result.

Stop looking at them and purring about how great MOTD tells us they are and give them something to bloody well think about 

Seedorf made him look silly? Seedorf could walk into both Scotland and England teams and to their best player.
Besides, Fletcher was good in that match.

Seedorfs been retired 4 years and is 41 years old. Still took the piss.

Fletcher is gash.

I've lived outside of Scotland for many years now, but I'm shocked at how low profile this feels. Scotland v England games were major events when I was younger and dominated the papers and tv. Only reason I remembered this was coming up tomorrow is because the BBC are orgasmic about Harry Kane being England captain. Sad times.

No full team prediction from me other than no darren Fletcher in the starting 11.

Strachan can bring him on when we are getting beat so he can pass the ball backwards/sideways rather than passing forwards with urgency.

Guest DAVIDB69

Seedorfs been retired 4 years and is 41 years old. Still took the piss.

Fletcher is gash.

Against Netherlands in the wc play off is the one of the few decent games fletcher has ever had.

We need to move on from fletcher who is finished at international level

I'm not sure if I would include Fletcher in the starting XI for this, but to argue that he has only had literally a "few decent games" in his career is beyond ludicrous. In his prime, Fletcher was a superb midfielder - and he is still, as demonstrated this season past by captaining a very mediocre West Brom side to a top-half finish, a capable Premier League player. 

We have never really been pumped at hampden have we ? It will be tight but would imagine it will be the same as wembley and england will be clinical take their chances.

I would start with Griffiths up front, he has pace and can get in behind. Snodgrass has been poor last couple of games, need a big performance from him if we are to get anything.

How i would line up.

Gordon   

Tierney   Martin Mulgrew  Robertson

Fraser   Brown  Armstrong Fletcher  Snodgrass

Griffiths.

Only changes i can see strachan making is martin up top and his pet forrest on the wing. Berra is a bombscare so hopefully he is nowhere near the starting 11.

This is as low a build up for a big game I can remember. Is it too far into the summer, people got better things to worry about or is it just how far the national team has dropped off the radar

Watching STV right now. The preview to the match tomorrow.
All three pundits have agreed that we should play 3 at the back.
Still a strange suggestion?
Congrats.

Yeah, it is. For all the reasons outlined.

8 minutes ago, pub car king said:

This is as low a build up for a big game I can remember. Is it too far into the summer, people got better things to worry about or is it just how far the national team has dropped off the radar

Dropping 7 points already and the two friendlies against them in recent times can't have helped.

Archived