Scotland V England

mizfit

I assume neither of these will be all ticket with it being England?

Not that I heard of, but I'm gonna get my pal to ask.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Darren said:

James Forrest is gash. That is all.

Forrest had a good first half of the season but his form trailed off as the season progressed so I'm surprised he's included.  I'm still annoyed that Callum McGregor missed out, he's been in great form of late and has really worked hard.  Don't understand Strachan's selection methodology.  

Don't understand why people don't like McGinn being in the squad. He's looked excellent every time he's played for Scotland. He is one for the future and having him in there for the experience alone is worth it.

I'd have had McGregor or Shinnie in for Bannan. He's utter pish

1 hour ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Matt Ritchie had a hernia op and missed our final few games in the Championship. It's a shame as he's been superb for most of the season. 

Hanley is also injured, but I don't think that's a great loss to anyone.

Losing Matt Ritchie and Grant Hanley is brilliant news.   James Forrest leaving the squad would also help.  

16 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Does anyone have any experience in tickets being lost in the post?

I phoned the SFA this morning. They confirmed they had been printed and sent, probably within a few days of ordering them (a month ago). Got told there's nothing they can do because Hampden doesn't have electronic gates they can't cancel the tickets and replace them. I've to phone back the week of the game to see if they have a contingency plan sorted. Nothing in place just now because it's a high security fixture. Worried.

Quite possibly, ours haven't arrived yet either. Going to call them again today.

Well the SFA are the biggest bunch of useless fannies ever. They obviously have no contingency plan for lost tickets, i'm not sure their advice of asking the post office is likely to be useful.

What's annoying is that we usually get recorded delivery but because the online system wasn't working I had to call up for tickets and the woman on the phone didn't even mention delivery options so it wasn't until afterwards and it was too late that I remembered about asking for recorded delivery.

looks like its £80 down the drain and no match :(

16 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

heading through on an early train for this. whats the best pubs near hampden?

Armstrong's on battlefield road is a good pre-match boozer, 10 mins walk from stadium just across from the Victoria hospital. Looks tiny from the outside but is a tardis when you get in . Clockwork is a great shout , right on the doorstep of Hampden but need to get in mega early or you'll end up queueing along the street to get in !

13 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Armstrong's on battlefield road is a good pre-match boozer, 10 mins walk from stadium just across from the Victoria hospital. Looks tiny from the outside but is a tardis when you get in . Clockwork is a great shout , right on the doorstep of Hampden but need to get in mega early or you'll end up queueing along the street to get in !

been told the clockwork is all ticket? just looking for somewhere to go early doors before getting to mount florida or near hampden

The only way to beat England is to play direct football like Iceland did, miss out the midfield and pump balls into the box time and time again England are mince at the back if Strachan sets Scotland up to play on the counter attack we will get a toasting,in their faces football is required for 95 minutes send them back down the road in shock,the pitch at hampden should feel like a bed for nails for the England team not a fecking comfort blanket

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

been told the clockwork is all ticket? just looking for somewhere to go early doors before getting to mount florida or near hampden

It could well be for a big match like this. If coming thru on the train to Queen Street then just walk off the train and into camperdown, cheap as chips and a good selection of beers.  

17 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Forrest had a good first half of the season but his form trailed off as the season progressed so I'm surprised he's included.  I'm still annoyed that Callum McGregor missed out, he's been in great form of late and has really worked hard.  Don't understand Strachan's selection methodology.  

How much has he played for Celtic since the turn of the year? Seems to have been on the fringes. I also can't remember a single positive contribution he has made in a Scotland shirt.

14 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Clockwork Beer Company on Cathcart Road is good mate. Good choice of beers and decent grub too.

The beers at Clockwork are utterly rancid.

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

We usually get a taxi from Queen Street down to Shawlands and have a couple in Corona then wander down to Church on the Hill til about half an hour before KO. You're about a 10/15 minute walk from there.

8 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

We usually get a taxi from Queen Street down to Shawlands and have a couple in Corona then wander down to Church on the Hill til about half an hour before KO. You're about a 10/15 minute walk from there.

probably going to go to church on the hill from mount florida then walk down. cheers

Guest DAVIDB69

It has a very big team away to a minnow in an fa cup tie type feel this game when you compare the two teams .

The big team usually takes about 20 minutes to break down a packed defence then goes on to score about four or five

3 hours ago, Darren said:

How much has he played for Celtic since the turn of the year? Seems to have been on the fringes. I also can't remember a single positive contribution he has made in a Scotland shirt.

Not much, Patrick Roberts ousted him as first choice wing partner to Scott Sinclair and any game time he has seen he's been anonymous.  Strachan's over reliance on players reputations and old loyalties is getting tired.  It's the same thing that saw England crash and burn at Euro 2016 under Roy Hodgson.  Scotland need to play players in form, not players who have reputations

Archived