Queens V Dundee Utd

A game we must take something from but just can,t see it.We have too many players off form a manager who is happy not to lose rather than try to win.Really need a win but I think Naysmith will set up with 5 at the back again and hope for a boring draw.Worrying times at Palmerston just now

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suspect we only need one more win to be safe or 4 points at a push so surely the obvious strategy is to go all out to win every game and with the law of averages surely one or more of them will yield 3 points.

Alternatively if you set up negatively against the more fancied teams a draw is probably the best you can hope for and inevitably we lose the first goal and another 3 points go begging.

This negative managerial mindset has transferred itself to the players - we had Robinson wasting time in the first half at Morton and yesterday at 1-1 there was no sense of urgency to go and get the winner against a very poor Raith side.

Despite their Premier League pedigree DUFC are no better than the likes of Morton and Falkirk so surely we can give it a go and actually try and play some football for once.

8 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

A game we must take something from but just can,t see it.We have too many players off form a manager who is happy not to lose rather than try to win.Really need a win but I think Naysmith will set up with 5 at the back again and hope for a boring draw.Worrying times at Palmerston just now

It`s absolutely not a game that we must take something from in terms of staying up. 

Same side as last night but with Dixon in for Robson. I thought that the team as a whole had a decent balance to it, even if we did move the ball too slowly at times. Nicholls, despite being fairly ineffective is still a better choice than VdV plus Murdoch has done enough at rightback to show he is a capable enough depute (and Toshney doesn't deserve to be recalled yet). 

Bell

Murdoch

Durnan

Edge

Dixon

Flood

Telfer

Nicholls

Andreu

Murray

Mikkelson

Same side as last night but with Dixon in for Robson. I thought that the team as a whole had a decent balance to it, even if we did move the ball too slowly at times. Nicholls, despite being fairly ineffective is still a better choice than VdV plus Murdoch has done enough at rightback to show he is a capable enough depute (and Toshney doesn't deserve to be recalled yet). 
Bell
Murdoch
Durnan
Edge
Dixon

Flood
Telfer

Nicholls
Andreu
Murray

Mikkelson

Would agree with this, Robson needs a rest. When is Spittal back from injury, he's similar to Nicholls but has better cross.

Would like to see Kuate play a part, see what he's like in the midfield

26 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Would agree with this, Robson needs a rest. When is Spittal back from injury, he's similar to Nicholls but has better cross.

Would like to see Kuate play a part, see what he's like in the midfield

I think Spittal is still a few weeks away at the very least. 

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Bell

Murdoch

Durnan

Edge

Dixon

Flood

Telfer

Nicholls

Andreu

Murray

Mikkelson

Nicholls was poor last night.  If Coote is not fully fit I'd be tempted to bring in Kuate to play alongside Flood and push Telfer further forward rather than Nicholls.

34 minutes ago, wardy83 said:

Spittal playing for development team today

Noticed that on the Twitter feed of the game. Surprising, the last we heard he was still going to be out for another few weeks. It is a sad day when you say this but we actually would be better off with him in the team at the moment as we are very short in the area.

This match doesn't seem to be capturing the imagination of many fans, especially the Queens ones it seems. Still much needed points to play for but we will need to up our game by a good bit from last week to get anything from this game. 

Getintaethem

Archived