Champions Elect vs the Greenock Galacticos

On 26/03/2017 at 15:02, LondonHibsFan said:

If we win our next two games then a win at Cappielow will mathematically seal the league, as long as Dundee United drop points in one of their three games.

United one league win in ten, I think that's a giver.

Easy Hibs win by a couple or more goals, the light at the end of the tunnel is closer for the players and the home support will be baying for blood knowing the light is closer.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, St. Jude said:

If Shinnie is out McGinn will likely slot straight in for him and we might see the return of the diamond. The diamond works when teams attack us which i expect Morton to do, so I would probably be quite happy with this. Hanlon looked sharp on Saturday, I would fire him straight in for Forster and leave Effie at right back.

Potential league deciding clash, under the floodlights, looking forward to it. 

Hanlon looked sharp eh, and you come to that conclusion how? He was on the park 10 mins and never had a touch, oh wait he might have had 1. And as for the potential league decider? Give me some of what you're drinking pal, the league was won on Saturday. Morton will do well to finish 3rd.

7 hours ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

Hanlon looked sharp eh, and you come to that conclusion how? He was on the park 10 mins and never had a touch, oh wait he might have had 1. And as for the potential league decider? Give me some of what you're drinking pal, the league was won on Saturday. Morton will do well to finish 3rd.

You're either a shite troll or an absolute weapon. Can't decide which. 

You're either a shite troll or an absolute weapon. Can't decide which. 

His dad shat it from the Germans in the war which has led to a life of daytime drinking and gambling in the banana flats. He's without a doubt an absolute weapon.

To get back on the subject to have a slim chance but Ton will need to go with the following team,

Gaston

Doyle Kilday O'Ware Lamie

Forbes Murdoch Lindsay Tidser

Oliver

Ambrose Nesbitt    

Can't take all the credit DEANO1874 from the Morton forum spotted that we need to change from Saturdays formation and move Nesbitt up front and keep Shankland for a scoring for full day on 11April 17.      

Thinking about it, the turnaround that Morton have had this season has been pretty incredible.

When they came to Easter Road in August they looked (defensively at least) completely out of their depth and allowed players like Graham, Holt and Shinnie just about their only goals of the season in a 4-0 win. :lol:

Can't actually remember when their season started to pick up, but here they are in late March - the only possible title rivals left standing and League Cup semi finalists. Duffy deserves a lot of credit, he's clearly improved a bit since his spell in charge of Hibs.

1 minute ago, LondonHibsFan said:

Thinking about it, the turnaround that Morton have had this season has been pretty incredible.

When they came to Easter Road in August they looked (defensively at least) completely out of their depth and allowed players like Graham, Holt and Shinnie just about their only goals of the season in a 4-0 win. :lol:

Can't actually remember when their season started to pick up, but here they are in late March - the only possible title rivals left standing and League Cup semi finalists. Duffy deserves a lot of credit, he's clearly improved a bit since his spell in charge of Hibs.

I feared the worst after that game. We looked hopeless going forward and every goal conceded was from a cross. Signed Gunning and Murdoch 1 or 2 weeks after and we improved instantly. Murdoch and Lindsay in the middle are probably the reason why we've done so well. Both have bags of energy and are good on the ball as well - destined for decent careers. 

I don't think we are or ever were title rivals. The defeat at the weekend will hopefully bring the squad back down to earth after many articles last week talking about promotion. 

As mentioned above, Morton's turnaround this season is indeed impressive. Would much prefer them coming up with ourselves if it had to be anyone. Finishing 2nd is probably their best chance, don't think they'd have it in them to proceed through 6 games

6 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

What's the story with Quintongo, is he still injured?

Yes. No word from the club on when we can expect him to be back. He's training and warming up with the squad on match days so surely can't be that far away. 

Archived