Brechin via Livingston The Tattie Field Derby

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Brechin 0-2 Livi FT.

Alloa draw 1-1 with Rovers, we're 13 point ahead with 5 games to go. Almost there.

Means we only need a draw next week to confirm it.

Buchanan breaking Russell's record of most goals in a season for Livi, some boy.

Very comfortable once again against Brechin, probably should've won by more than two.

An all round good performance, thought the defence was excellent, all 4 of them, Lithgow won absolutely everything coming his way, Halkett his usual self and Crighton coming back in after a few weeks on the bench to boss it. 

Byrne and Pittman are really becoming and excellent midfield pairing, won nearly every 50/50 ball and composed when needed to be. 

Star man was Buchanan though, two excellent finishes especially the 2nd. 

Team have been excellent this season, deserve the title, let's hope we can get it won next week infront of a good crowd. 

Agree that Caldwell was again terrible. Jackson visibly has no confidence in him, the ball never sticks to him and when a team mate is looking for a run he is inevitably running into trouble with his head down. I honestly think I could make more intelligent runs. 

Having said that it was disappointing that City again capitulated to Livi without showing any improvement from last time. Have a lot of time for Dods but why would your strategy be to knock up high balls to two guys who were never going to win them against the likes of Lithgow, Crighton and Gallagher? 

We have some footballers in the team but unfortunately most of them seem to be on the bench at the moment. We did look more threatening when Trouten and Love got on so hopefully that's just a case of them needing to be managed back in gently. Results elsewhere worked out ok so hopefully the playoffs still beckon and those guys will have a bigger part to play by then. 

Dougie Hill was decent again as was Aaron Lynas who is really starting to look like a player. Good save from Smith at the stand end from what looked like pretty close range too. Otherwise, write this one off as a bridge too far. 

A grumpy Brechin fan who was walking out at the end wasn't very happy at a few Livi fans enjoying themselves.

When she said "A dinna Ken whit yous are laughing at, you are going up and coming straight back dooon" in the most horrific accent ever, I just burst out laughing straight in her face.

Brechin we're poor to a man today and still have a man of the match award. I've said b4 effort is the least to expect.Football wise we were poor.aimless lucky runs, poor touch/passing and we pick out one player to blame NAH !!!!!

37 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

A grumpy Brechin fan who was walking out at the end wasn't very happy at a few Livi fans enjoying themselves.

When she said "A dinna Ken whit yous are laughing at, you are going up and coming straight back dooon" in the most horrific accent ever, I just burst out laughing straight in her face.

:lol: Also heard it, also near pished myself :lol:

4 minutes ago, slangs said:

Brechin we're poor to a man today and still have a man of the match award. I've said b4 effort is the least to expect.Football wise we were poor.aimless lucky runs, poor touch/passing and we pick out one player to blame NAH !!!!!

He clearly has no desire to play for Brechin and can  duck off any time he wants, at least the others show desire even when they are not at their best

We were well beaten again by a bigger, stronger and faster team today. We had a good spell early in the second half but Livi's second goal killed us off. There were again some strange decisions from the ref. It's hard to understand how he can miss obvious fouls (by both sides) but stop play for innocuous challenges. I do believe he bottled it by not sending off Da Vita for his dangerous high challenge after he had already been booked. I hope we dispelled all the accusations of being a dirty team of cloggers today. On the whole, the game was played in good spirit - which would not seem obvious from the number of fouls the ref gave. We're still looking good for a play-off spot and good luck to Livi in the Championship next season.

Don't think we need two guesses as to who that was.....

2 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Well thankfully we're not all grumpy. Let me be one of the first to offer my congrats to you all on what we be , surely , a stroll to the title . Well done.

On to the game. We were beaten by a better team today . No complaints. Caldwell getting the nod to start ahead of Love or Trouts was strange . Can only mean the two of them are being kept for our assault on the playoffs. Aron Lynas is really getting better with each game playing deeper . When we kept the ball on the deck it looked like we could cause them problems as thumping the high ballls in was fruitless with the size of the opposition . Hoppy must make them stand in grow bags through the week . Two tough games away from home now so we will see where we are after that.

Archived