Dundee United v Ayr United - 28 March 2017

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm absolutely gutted after that.

How the hell was that not in? Rose was it? Pretty much an open net with the keeper down and out. All he has to do is lift it over the defender from six yards out.

So proud of the effort tonight, especially in the second half. I didn't really think we deserved to be behind at half time but Dundee united had a lot of possession so it was hard to argue.

But second half I thought we easily matched them, and probably edged it. We got into a lot of good positions and then that chance at the end.

If we show that commitment and determination in the run in I can't see us go down. They gave everything tonight, and were backed by a noisy support. Like I say, I'm just gutted.

2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Apropos of nothing but did your mother drink in the Bay horse in the late 80's?

The Bay Horse in Henderson St was about as upmarket as HB'S mammy got, that and the Black Swan in Coburg St. She had to change out of her manky cuntic top though, that shite was never welcomed in Leith.

Fleming and Devlin selling jerseys by the sounds of it.

Harsh. Murray did very well to go past devlin (who was outstanding for the rest of the match) and it was a strong finish past Fleming. The fact it goes in at the near post means questions will be asked - but again Fleming made a couple of big saves.

21 minutes ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

That sounds like yam patter tbf. Is being 7th best an achievement at anything? 

Please don't ever attempt to engage me in conversation again. You repulse me. 

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Harsh. Murray did very well to go past devlin (who was outstanding for the rest of the match) and it was a strong finish past Fleming. The fact it goes in at the near post means questions will be asked - but again Fleming made a couple of big saves.

Was just going with how AU Media described the opener. Hope that's no taken too much out of us for Saturday.

12 hours ago, rb123! said:

Did the rose shot look over the line or was it not that close?

12 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

No it wasn't that near the line, maybe a balls width from it.

Sounds like Ayr were unlucky tonight. Our goal at Raith on Saturday was well over the line.:P

Raith.jpg

Thanks to Batross07 for the creative artwork.

40 minutes ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

That sounds like yam patter tbf. Is being 7th best an achievement at anything? 

What the f**k is yam you goofy p***k? Away back to Hibs.net :lol: 

Maybe 8 yards out and it's right there, with him coming on to it (it's not coming at him or anything). I think the defender slides in and rose just hits it against him. All he had to do was lift it in some way. Any way. It was much, much harder to miss than to score.

But yeah, not anywhere near over the line.

25 minutes ago, rb123! said:

It was at least a foot short of the line, maybe two feet.

Surprised at the suggestions that Ayr deserved anything out of the game. Did absolutely nothing until the penalty and didn't really create much thereafter until the last five seconds.

We weren't great either but still dominated possession and should have put the game to bed before the end. Simon Murray is an absolute fud. Great enthusiasm but there's nothing going on between the ears.

It was at least a foot short of the line, maybe two feet.
Surprised at the suggestions that Ayr deserved anything out of the game. Did absolutely nothing until the penalty and didn't really create much thereafter until the last five seconds.
We weren't great either but still dominated possession and should have put the game to bed before the end. Simon Murray is an absolute fud. Great enthusiasm but there's nothing going on between the ears.

We were more dangerous than you give us credit for - and like you've admitted, you didn't do too much with the possession.

The penalty was also just after half time remember, so it's not like we only turned things round late on.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We were more dangerous than you give us credit for - and like you've admitted, you didn't do too much with the possession.

The penalty was also just after half time remember, so it's not like we only turned things round late on.

No offence intended. There wasn't a great gulf between the teams but I don't recall anything close for Ayr until the last few seconds. The penalty was incredibly cheap - quick free kick and a sloppy challenge. Everything else from Ayr was pot shots from 25 yards until the very last minute when you missed two sitters in close succession. 

All depends where you're sitting though. I get that. We're all carrying our own prejudices.

1 hour ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

The Bay Horse in Henderson St was about as upmarket as HB'S mammy got, that and the Black Swan in Coburg St. She had to change out of her manky cuntic top though, that shite was never welcomed in Leith.

Shut up ya fanny. 

Archived