Dundee United v Ayr United - 28 March 2017

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:30, JinkyBairn said:

I dini ken what's worse, winning the challenge cup or no winning the challenge cup

As Oscar Wilde once said (possibly), the only thing worse than winning the Irn Bru Cup is not winning the Irn Bru Cup.

Seen the Ayr twitter account has confirmed that the Ayr team will be giving Utd a guard of honour as they enter the pitch tomorrow night. Fair play to them.

I'm sure Gary Harkins will LOVE that.

On 3/26/2017 at 13:02, somerset_lad00 said:

We will finish above you as it's well documented that we've got better players

I don't think we every got enough credit for romping the league with only the second best players. Ayr need to capture the spirit of your 2-0 win at East End last year (ie Jamie Adams to dish out some special tackles). 

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Seen the Ayr twitter account has confirmed that the Ayr team will be giving Utd a guard of honour as they enter the pitch tomorrow night. Fair play to them.

#respect 

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Surely to God Gary Harkins gets a game for you lot?

No. 

He's played in 2 of the last 5 and we lost them both.

Surely to God Gary Harkins gets a game for you lot?

You would've thought so but we play a lot better without him in the team.

He just slows everything down and it's not helped as McCall only plays him out wide.

You would've thought so but we play a lot better without him in the team.

He just slows everything down and it's not helped as McCall only plays him out wide.

Yeah he's definitely not a wide player, completely wasted out there. I don't know what your team is like but if I was McCall I would be trying everything to fit him in because he's just that good when he's on his game. Surely there's a role for him in behind the striker?

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Very strange. It is frustrating when he goes missing for about 10 games, but when he does finally show up it is magnificent to watch.

He should be tearing that league up.

tbh, I can't say I've left a game thinking Harkins was magnificent, perhaps those that have attended all the games will have witnessed his magnificence.

Yeah he's definitely not a wide player, completely wasted out there. I don't know what your team is like but if I was McCall I would be trying everything to fit him in because he's just that good when he's on his game. Surely there's a role for him in behind the striker?

He has played most of the season behind the striker, unfortunately hasn't done much productive in months. Still waiting on him turning it completely on in a game to be honest.

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

McCall has tried everything without him playing in degence.  Striker on his own, striker in a two, behind the striker, left wing, right wing, central midfield.  

Harkins just has been a complete waste money wise.  Could have been put to much better use.

He mostly just wants to take the ball past guys (who just take it off him fairly easily) rather than play others in on a fluid move up the park.  

It is no coincidence we get results when he isn't on the park. 

McCall has tried everything without him playing in degence.  Striker on his own, striker in a two, behind the striker, left wing, right wing, central midfield.  

Harkins just has been a complete waste money wise.  Could have been put to much better use.

He mostly just wants to take the ball past guys (who just take it off him fairly easily) rather than play others in on a fluid move up the park.  

It is no coincidence we get results when he isn't on the park. 

If we go down I wouldn't t even care about keeping him (I know he has a two year deal) which really tells you all you need to know considering I don't even feel he would perform that well in the league below.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If we go down I wouldn't t even care about keeping him (I know he has a two year deal) which really tells you all you need to know considering I don't even feel he would perform that well in the league below.

When he starts towing that caravan around Coatbridge thats when the fun starts. 

Archived