Rainbow 6: Siege

SweeperDee

It's on special at the moment on steam in Australia, I'm interested but ubisoft...

Anyway looks like a modern day csgo in close quarters with gadgets

Micro transactions galore, and some very sketchy matchmaking aside, the game is very solid. Really enjoying it, the ranked side of multiplayer is a strange, dark place indeed. Led to believe a lot of people use mouse and keyboard on PS4 for it since it's so high level.

Would be good to get a 5 man squad for it from here, but I doubt it's that popular amongst posters.

Here's another shameless plug for my gameplay videos:

There's another thread for this further back I think.

I've ploughed 200+ hours into it. It's probably my all-time fave multiplayer game.  I clutched defending against a team of shields once, which is probably my best moment, but coordinated team play is much more rewarding IMO.

Micro transactions well balanced: they are there for you to buy cosmetic enhancements. You do not ever need to pay a penny more than for the game itself if you don't want to - you can grind the points for new players, plus all the maps are free. 

It's a very good game and it's a perfect example of the new way of games are being rolled out - very basic game which through time has been chopped and changed with new parts added to ensure people continue to go back.

It was also great to see it being released cheaper than most games due to the original size as opposed to players feeling like it was 12 months before they got value for money.

I'm terrible at it and haven't had it on for a while but I think I'll give it a bash today.

9/10.

Micro transactions well balanced: they are there for you to buy cosmetic enhancements. You do not ever need to pay a penny more than for the game itself if you don't want to - you can grind the points for new players, plus all the maps are free. 

Should have rephrased my MT comments; yeah, they are all cosmetic (barring the DLC characters). I've even bought a few camo's myself. [emoji23]

If you guys are on PS4 we could maybe get a 3-man squad on the go? Only got one other friend that plays this as much as I do and 2 people can only do so much.

I keep seeing it on offer on the marketplace but I've too many games as it is and can't justify paying for one when I don't bother playing with other people in parties anymore. It's a gutter though cause back in the day I was right into playing Rainbow Six Vegas. Cracking game even if I was pretty poor at it. Terrorist Hunt on Campus >>>>>

Had my first shot this year of Siege last night and it was enjoyable (team killing aside).

Didn't get any kills for a few rounds but then had a glorious game where it was down to 4 vs Me defending a package, I was in the room above the package and killed 2 people with booby trapped doors, got 1 guy with a headshot through a hatch in the floor and then took the last guy out with a random grenade.

ee23ec21b6b08a5e0113d26cac825b10.jpg

• 10 months later...
I have it on pc but on uplay and I hate uplay so don't play it much

Skill level on PC is ridiculous; I was platinum going on Diamond on PS4 but I’m struggling to stay in Gold on PC. I have it on UPLAY as well, don’t have any issues with it.

Archived