Scotland vs Slovenia

Gordopolis

23 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I'm presuming our friend didn't jump out of his seat when James Morrison scored - and went mental in celebration - against England?  FWIW, here's a picture of a guy who is crying in the inside.

3EA96A7B00000578-4351302-image-a-24_1490

I wasn't able to see the match as I don't subsidise EPL by having Sky. Having watched the brief highlights later it looked like a sitter anyway, although but for a deflection and the goalie bungling, it might have missed. And no, its a very long time since I got out my chair to celebrate a Scotland goal, scored by whatever nationality.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wasn't able to see the match as I don't subsidise EPL by having Sky.

Statement says a lot about how much of a supporter you are, tbh.

I wasn't able to see the match as I don't subsidise EPL by having Sky. Having watched the brief highlights later it looked like a sitter anyway, although but for a deflection and the goalie bungling, it might have missed. And no, its a very long time since I got out my chair to celebrate a Scotland goal, scored by whatever nationality.

Why do you bother being on this site then in makes no sense u obviously don't support Scotland. It would be like me signing up for the Latvian equivalent equivalent of Pie or Bovril.

As for eligibility, every other country in the world exploits that rule, except Myanmar.

Of course Equatorial Guinea took it to farcical levels to qualify for ANC.

Quite a few of the French World Cup winning squad were born in Africa.

To not use it, would disadvantage us, but I wouldn't want to follow the Equatorial Guinea route though.

To what extent did Equatorial Guinea exploit the rule?

Everyone in the Equatorial Guinea squad has Equatoguinean heritage, as far as I know.

A better example would be Qatar who hand out passports like Tedi hands out sweeties.

Of course, they were just following the example of other countries like Germany, Portugal, France and Japan.*

The 'Home Nations' have an agreement in place which scuppers the citizenship rule anyway, as far as I know.

Spoiler

Podolski, Klose, Trochowski, etc (POL)

Deco, Pepe (BRA)

Desailly (GHA), Vieira (SEN), Karembeu (NCL)

Alex Santos, Wagner Lopes (BRA).

Equatorial Guinea were kicked out of the qualifying for the African Cup of Nations a couple of years ago for basically playing a team of Brazilians, with fake paperwork.

It was a farce it took so long as they'd being doing it for a few years at that point but until then they were generally still losing games so no one complained too much.

They weren't really exploiting the system, just outright abusing it.

16 hours ago, skippy2015 said:

Why do you bother being on this site then in makes no sense u obviously don't support Scotland. It would be like me signing up for the Latvian equivalent equivalent of Pie or Bovril.

The reason I don't support the national team is because they choose English people to represent us. What is the point in that ? Its nothing against the English but they are our biggest rivals historically. Am I the only one who feels like this ?

41 minutes ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

The reason I don't support the national team is because they choose English people to represent us. What is the point in that ? Its nothing against the English but they are our biggest rivals historically. Am I the only one who feels like this ?

you're english

2 hours ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

What a load of shite you talk. To say in the same sentence that you have nothing against the English and then immediately explain the something you have against them demonstrates this. Why don't you just admit you are racist?

1 hour ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

If I were to be racist, it would likely be against people from Peterhead, lol. You obviously couldn't understand my point, glad to have helped though.

It's not really that hard to understand.  You're Scottish.  You seem to hate English people.  You're either a troll or an incredibly bitter individual who seems to despise anyone who isn't Scottish.  None of that is particularly hard to understand, just....sad really.

Which still raises the question what are you doing on this site it's for Scotland supporters?

• 2 weeks later...

To what extent did Equatorial Guinea exploit the rule?

This...

Naturalised players controversy

For more details on this topic, see List of naturalised Equatoguinean international football players.

In recent years, Equatorial Guinea has courted controversy by recruiting foreign players and giving them citizenship despite having little or no ties to the country. In 2009, South African journalist and FIFA archivist Mark Gleeson wrote that it was undermining the integrity of African football.[9]

In late 2005, and at the request of Ruslán Obiang Nsue, a son of President Teodoro Obiang, Brazilian coach Antônio Dumas recruited several Brazilian players to represent the Equatorial Guinea but the CAF and FIFA turned a blind eye, despite complaints from other nations.

In 2012, having lost the first leg of a 2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualification round 4–0 to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea recruited nine Brazilian players to help overturn the deficit for the second leg. The team did manage to win the match 2–1, but it was not enough to overturn the aggregate and Equatorial Guinea were eliminated from the tournament. DR Congo head coach Claude Le Roy complained that the Equatorial Guinea were acting like the "United Nations of football".

Before the arrival of new coach Andoni Goikoetxea to Malabo, in March 2013, the Equatoguinean board made the squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying match against Cape Verde and again called-up nine Brazilian players.[10] In May 2013, they joined Colombian-born, Ecuadorian-based Jimmy Bermúdez, to who was going to pay him €3,000 for each match he plays.[11]

During qualifying for the 2015 African Cup of Nations, in the series played against Mauritania, the nation lost 1–0 away and won 3–0 in Malabo as hosts, sorting to the next round to face Uganda. However, the Mauritanian Football Federation demanded, before the CAF, for the inclusion of ineligible players to play with Nzalang Nacional (Some with passports and false names), resulting in the expulsion of the Equatorial Guinean team, based on the particular situation of Thierry Fidjeu, while the cases of the other players remained under investigation.

Everyone in the Equatorial Guinea squad has Equatoguinean heritage, as far as I know.
A better example would be Qatar who hand out passports like Tedi hands out sweeties.
Of course, they were just following the example of other countries like Germany, Portugal, France and Japan.*

The 'Home Nations' have an agreement in place which scuppers the citizenship rule anyway, as far as I know.

Spoiler 
Podolski, Klose, Trochowski, etc (POL)
Deco, Pepe (BRA)
Desailly (GHA), Vieira (SEN), Karembeu (NCL)
Alex Santos, Wagner Lopes (BRA).

^^^See post above this.

Archived