Scotland vs Slovenia

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to this, for some reason. I don't go to many games, and hate the national team just now, but still got excited when offered a chance to go.

If it still were pay at the gate for tickets when they haven't all sold out I might have took my nephews to the game. So the SFA have lost out there, stupid fuckers.

As for the game? I have a niggly feeling we will get a decent result tomorrow, 2-0 or 3-1 to the Scots.

Don't expect the team to start off too well until they settle down first and then might start to look like a football team we can support. I am expecting the second half to produce any goals after Strachan has finally twigged he has fielded a shite starting 11 as per usual and leaves it too late to start a rally to win the game.

Fear the worst if Slovenia score an early goal putting the squad under pressure from the off. I fucking hope the players know how badly they need to win this and win it in good style to lure the fans back to Hampden for the rest of the fixtures or they can forget this campaign.

Our backs up against the wall usually produces the results the lazy b*****ds should have produced in the earlier fixtures they should have taken points from.

Sad to have to say this!, but I hope England pump Lithuania stupid and pray and hope Malta draw or even more clutching at straws they get a win to put us back into contention for second place. :thumsup2

Did it all go downhill after the Gibraltar game where he played 1 at the back?

You can pick a number of moments from where it all went downhill, but I'll always remember the undoubted highlight of Strachan's tenure was the 1-0 win over Ireland - a hard-fought, invaluable three points and a clean sheet where all the players could leave feeling excellent about themselves. We then played a fucking pointless friendly against England three days later and got swatted aside.

Ripping off 60,000 mugs for 60 quid a head might make perfect business sense, but I sincerely doubt that the slightest shit was given about the well-being of the squad.

12 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

You can pick a number of moments from where it all went downhill, but I'll always remember the undoubted highlight of Strachan's tenure was the 1-0 win over Ireland - a hard-fought, invaluable three points and a clean sheet where all the players could leave feeling excellent about themselves. We then played a fucking pointless friendly against England three days later and got swatted aside.

Ripping off 60,000 mugs for 60 quid a head might make perfect business sense, but I sincerely doubt that the slightest shit was given about the well-being of the squad.

I was very lucky enough to get a ticket for that Ireland game at Celtic Park through my daughters boyfriend who got it for me. What an atmosphere there was at that game, one of the best I can remember for nigh on a decade. I felt no pity at all to the confused Celtic support who dressed up in Irish colours in the home end, fucking mutants. Loved seeing their pathetic faces after the goal went in, they didn't know whether or not to celebrate Scotland scoring, pleasing indeed.

No chance of me going ....SFA making it very difficult to support a mediocre team.....Better things to do!............I can't even imagine that I would waste my time watching it on  tv. I've not even looked if this game is on pay tv or free to view. SFA have got to get real here!

Gordon

Anya - Martin - Cooper - Robertson

Brown - Cairney

Burke - Armstrong - Fraser

Griffiths

Would be nice.

It's just a pity Strachan didn't tell the team that Lithuania at home was also a must win. Better late than never I suppose.

Lithuania at home was must win. Slovakia away the same.
The sooner that useless wee c**t gets to f**k the better. He's actually just trolling now.

Aye cos you can't win games unless you say it's must win. Don't be so daft.

We usually do worse (believe it or not) when the manager is forced to admit it's a must win.

You're missing the point. He's coming out and saying this is a must win game and the players will rise to the occasion.

We have already had must win games and they have performed nowhere near the level that is needed. There is absolutely zero evidence to suggest this team of no hopers are going to rise to a 'must win' sitation when they have never done it before.

8 minutes ago, Neilly said:

You're missing the point. He's coming out and saying this is a must win game and the players will rise to the occasion.

We have already had must win games and they have performed nowhere near the level that is needed. There is absolutely zero evidence to suggest this team of no hopers are going to rise to a 'must win' sitation when they have never done it before.

They will try their best, they will rise to the occasion but it might not be enough. 

Aye cos you can't win games unless you say it's must win. Don't be so daft.

We usually do worse (believe it or not) when the manager is forced to admit it's a must win.

When you hear players talking about getting a positive result, when they are pressed on it, they often admit to seeing a draw as a positive result. A draw is not a positive result when there are 3 points for a win and only 1 point for a draw. More so, when there are only 8-10 games to play and you need to win the group to be assured of qualifying.

Strachan's public interviews generally give the impression that he's also happy enough with draws. This all feeds into the current feeling of apathy with the national team. I've no idea what he says to the players in private, but if he doesn't get over to them how important getting the 3 points is, then I'm not sure he is actually doing them any favours.

38 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Griffiths starting tonight apparently.

Makes sense. When he's on red hot form don't give him a shout but now he's out of form and not in the Celtic team wee Chesney will start him.

37 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

cfa20f626df500e852071e3638ab7f81.jpg

2 good wingers that are direct and tricky to deal with who hopefully provide good service to our forwards.

LOL

4-4-2 Rhodes and Griffiths. That's whit it's aw aboot.

There is an argument for going 4 4 2, but only in terms shitfesting it and hoping that the two up front can get something from the hopeful long balls that we end up playing. Unfortunately I don't think that our defence is good enough or our midfield disciplined enough to be able to shitfest the game.

Archived