Scotland vs Slovenia

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The people tying themselves in knots to justify the booing, which was quite clearly aimed at Martin, are delusional. Contempt for Martin practically seethes out of the pores of, at the very least, a sizeable minority of the Tartan Army. He's limited, but so are all Scotland's options up front at the moment. The excuse that he 'wasn't great' against Canada is laughable, no-one was. Martin is an easy target, a scapegoat. Delighted for him tonight.

Good performance and win. Forrest was mince, but other than that I'll begrudgingly admit that the wee ginger fud got his team (and his subs) right. I think Martin is a hoofer, but nobody would question his spirit and it was a neat wee finish. Armstrong and Robertson were class. Tierney decent. Everyone else did their job.

2 minutes ago, alister77 said:

Yeah I know I ment james Forrest not Forrester easy mistake but it missing the point completely he still never sang the national anthem but not just him 2 others has well and one was the captain and its funny how all 3 were Celtic players

Never seen the start of the game unfortunately. If they didn't then it's poor show from them.

8 minutes ago, CalMac1988 said:

People have such short memories. We are a much better team under him than others in recent years. Yes, recent performances have not been good but let the man get things right. Tonight proved the players are right behind him. Booing your own players was shocking as well. Square passes getting booed. Shocking. The boo boys were wanting us to lose so Strachan would leave. You need to remember Slovenia have been to recent World cups and Euros and they've only had 1 shot at goal. Tierney at right-back was inspired and Armstrong and Brown were good. Get behind the team, end of!!!

Such an inspired decision that plenty of regular P&Bers were calling for it two or three games ago. Same goes for including Armstrong btw.

What did Strachan say in his interview?

Nothing much

Asked about the booing, mentioned McAllister/Dalglish and Hansen had been booed so he hopes he doesn't take it too hard. Says the players and staff all support him and he's a different option.

Asked about what he thought about himself being criticised pre game and he laughed it off with a wee light hearted joke and said he only cares about the team

Said Armstrongs debut was the best Scotland one he's seen

6 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

not entirely, there is a means to an end, say strachan manages to get a decent run going until the end of the qualifiers, draw against england, beat slovakia etc, we finish 2nd but miles away from best runners up or finish 3rd but close, strachan would likely get the next qualifiers and the shambles of the lithuania at home amongst others will be forgotten amongst paper talk of "glorious failure" and "braveheart warriors fought to the end"

Looking at Strachan and listening to his interviews I genuinely believe that this will be his last campaign. I know there's different ways of looking at the result and that can be understandable , but to basically say that it was disappointing the team got a late winner because it keeps Strachan in a job is disgraceful if u ask me.

Him and Tierney. [emoji7]

Think I'd like to see if Tierney and Robertson could work well at left back and left midfield respectively. Tierney seems far more comfortable defending than Robertson, who looks much better going forward.

Booing your own player onto the pitch is just despicable. The 'Tartan Army' have previous though with their disgraceful hounding of Gary McAllister. Utter scumbags.

I booed them all in my own pretence tbf 613c9d72eb7e23b1ee11c847548c0229.gif

5 minutes ago, Roker Rover said:

That's because you are 4th not 2nd. To get to 2nd you will need to win some more games by which time you will more than likely have a record good enough for the play offs.

"More than likely" is pretty optimistic. It's possible.

Archived