Scotland vs Slovenia

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good first half performance. Armstrong working well and proving that he should really be a nailed on starter in the midfield. James Forrest's end product letting him down a wee bit but good endeavour. Defence never looking comfortable as per but Tierney doing a good job out of position. Ritchie has to come on at some points and Anya and Rhodes will likely get on. Can't afford to burn out though, come on Scotland.

Except he's talking utter shite. If a midfielder jumped like that it would be a clear foul. They don't jump like that because they protect themselves by putting their arm out in front of them. Goalkeepers can't do that as their arms are up therefore the knee is their protection.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the 'keeper's actions there and Proven is talking utter nonsense.

No I think the difference is the keeper never just used it for protection it looked to me like he intentionally went in a wee bit harder to hurt Griffiths.

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Question. Would Rhodes have been the better option tonight given we've actually created some good chances for the forward.

No. Griffiths constant hassling and movement has been a big factor, Rhodes doesn't do that. 

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Question. Would Rhodes have been the better option tonight given we've actually created some good chances for the forward.

No, imo Griffiths is a better, quicker option than Rhodes, although I think we should be playing 2 up top against this mob.

We've been alright when we actually get it forward. Get the ball to Armstrong or Robertson/Snodgrass and we'll have a chance. Forrest is horrendous, and he's left Tierney isolated far too often. Good thing Tierney's having a good game.

We've put in a lot of crosses which I think Rhodes would have been a better shout to score from.

No, imo Griffiths is a better, quicker option than Rhodes, although I think we should be playing 2 up top against this mob.

Tough one. Griffiths better around the box etc but sure Rhodes would have taken that 1st chance as he is more clinical

Archived