Scotland vs Slovenia

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we somehow miraculously qualify and it's all down to picking Liam Cooper over Lindsay then I'll be happy to buy a Scotland top with Cooper's name on it but I don't see that happening and feel that our ageing squad is going to be a big problem in the next few years as we haven't established enough younger players to slot in.
Agree on the u21s point. Jules over Lindsay? Like seriously?

Cooper and Hanley are only like 24, Martin is 31 as is Mulgrew and Berra is 32, hardly that old for centre halves. Realistically all got another 1/2 campaigns left.

And it's absolutely ridiculous that Jules is in over him in the 21s. It's ridiculous he's not there, that's where he should be to get used to the set up.

Guest DAVIDB69
How many points do we realistically need from the remaining fixtures to reach the playoffs?  

Something like 12 points would be required to have a chance

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

In all fairness we've seen it time and time again where players are standing out but don't get near a cap, then all of a sudden they're transferred to the Old Firm and appear in the next squad. people are quite rightly pissed right off about it and let's face it does anyone think Lee Wallace would have been near the Scotland pool if he was playing at Aberdeen or back at Hearts ??

Name any one of these players? Armstrong never got capped when at Dundee United but only just got capped now too. 

Your example is Wallace which I agree that he shouldn't be in the side as we have better left-backs but don't think it has anything to do with being at the OF. He is in the top 5 left-backs we have. Shinnie could be ahead of Wallace at left-back but whats holding him back is that he doesn't play there much any more.

Cooper and Hanley are only like 24, Martin is 31 as is Mulgrew and Berra is 32, hardly that old for centre halves. Realistically all got another 1/2 campaigns left.

And it's absolutely ridiculous that Jules is in over him in the 21s. It's ridiculous he's not there, that's where he should be to get used to the set up.

That's where the policy of only playing players who will qualify age-wise for the next tournament falls down. Means he's somewhat in limbo internationally.

Cooper and Hanley aren't the problem here, overall. The problem is that we are relying on players who are in their thirties. They're not going to improve and they're not that good at the moment anyway.
The problem with Cooper is that when Hanley dropped out, he was brought in ahead of Lindsay when he's played four games this year and been sent off twice (correct me if I'm wrong) including Leeds' 1-0 defeat to non-league Sutton. Meanwhile, Lindsay has played ten times, conceded just six and even scored once for good measure. I just feel we would benefit from giving more players a chance as our current crop of players aren't cutting it. Why not give others a go?

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nobody gives a f**k about Lindsay apart from Partick Thistle fans

I give a f**k, mainly because I've seen Berra and Hanley. 

Someone like Devlin or Lindsay should have been given a chance against Canada when our centre half options are so bad.  If they are no improvement nothing lost but we are playing players over and over again who are utterly, utterly dreadful.

You know what?  Maybe a wee bit competition would up the established players games?

Guest DAVIDB69
Presume you're excluding Malta matches... 16pts overall, only 10pts-13pts outwith Malta, almost certainly wouldn't suffice.

Yes four wins from the proper teams no chance

Archived