Last Ever Game at Recreation Park

Does that mean Junior teams can't compete in the Scottish Cup?

It seems that the same entry system remains for Junior clubs for next season (current SFA members, Junior Cup winners and winners of the 3 regional top flights) however, to gain the license you must join the Pyramid System.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/03/2017 at 15:58, stanley said:

Definitely positive for the league if one or both of Duns and Kelso come back.  Added to that, the possibility of Preston returning too (who knows exactly what will happen with relegation from the Lowland League at this stage?).  Duns must have a reasonable chance of getting a licence if they are doing this work?  I remember they were rumoured to be aiming for one before they left the league.

Preston will be back in the EoS, plus Selkirk if Buckie  win the Div 2 Play-off against "Club 42" after seeing off EK in the HFL/LL 'semi' . Add 3 Junior clubs, and Duns/Kelso. and  it would be boom time for the EoS again in 2017/18. Happy days....

Preston will be back in the EoS, plus Selkirk if Buckie  win the Div 2 Play-off against "Club 42" after seeing off EK in the HFL/LL 'semi' . Add 3 Junior clubs, and Duns/Kelso. and  it would be boom time for the EoS again in 2017/18. Happy days....

Lol, that's just not going to happen.

Maybe Duns are considering the Juniors?

Lol, that's just not going to happen.

Maybe Duns are considering the Juniors?

I guess we might potentially see smaller clubs head to the juniors with the larger juniors doing the opposite? Almost making the super league a feeder to LL and EoS a district league in juniors.

I guess we might potentially see smaller clubs head to the juniors with the larger juniors doing the opposite? Almost making the super league a feeder to LL and EoS a district league in juniors.

I don't think you'll see any Junior club move to the EoS.

I have been told by an EoS club official that Kelty have definitely applied to the EoS for next season. Now, the cynics may think that it's just a tactical manoeuvre to instigate change and maybe that's the case, maybe not. All I know is that I've been told that they have definitely applied.

What I found strange though, given the current promotion situation from EoS to LL, is that Kelty are keen for one or two other junior sides to join them next season. I'd have thought that they'd want as little competition as possible in their first season in the EoS.

Just to stress, this is 2nd hand info but my source is very trustworthy.

23 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Do you believe a LL split is imminent?

Yes, as in within the next few years.  It has to be if the Pyramid is to progress.

If Kelty do move, and others follow which I think is highly unlikely, then that will hasten reform.

16 hours ago, Young Pretender said:

...What I found strange though, given the current promotion situation from EoS to LL, is that Kelty are keen for one or two other junior sides to join them next season. I'd have thought that they'd want as little competition as possible in their first season in the EoS...

It's probably easier for a committee to explain the move to the traditionally minded members of the club that way, if three strong clubs are doing it at the same time. It's no secret who one of the other two would be, but I'll believe it when I see it actually happening. The end game at the moment might simply be to get the SJFA to agree to have the east and west regions become feeder leagues to the LL, so clubs can get licensed.

Archived