St Mirren v Ayr United Championship 1/4/17

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we'll go with same lineup as the cup final but with Cammy Smith back in for Loy. Seen Ben Gordon scored for the U20s yesterday so if he's fit to play I'd have him in ahead of Baird. From the highlights of the Dundee Utd - Ayr game, Ayr's full backs got beat quite a few times and led to the 1st goal so let's get the ball to Morgan and Maggenis out wide as much as possible.

Think we'll go with same lineup as the cup final but with Cammy Smith back in for Loy. Seen Ben Gordon scored for the U20s yesterday so if he's fit to play I'd have him in ahead of Baird. From the highlights of the Dundee Utd - Ayr game, Ayr's full backs got beat quite a few times and led to the 1st goal so let's get the ball to Morgan and Maggenis out wide as much as possible.

I thought we really missed Smith on Saturday, but Loy has goals in him so would be difficult to drop. That's a nice problem to have I suppose, unlike earlier in the year when boys were getting a game to make up the numbers.

18 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I thought we really missed Smith on Saturday, but Loy has goals in him so would be difficult to drop. That's a nice problem to have I suppose, unlike earlier in the year when boys were getting a game to make up the numbers.

I think Magennis will drop back to the bench, and we'll continue with Loy and Sutton up front. We'll go at Ayr and try to get a goal early to force them to come out.

On 3/23/2017 at 16:28, shull said:

We are magnificent presently and will comfortably avoid relegation. 

Ayr are going down and will be destroyed at Greenhill Road. 

ST MIRREN 4  AYR UNITED 0

Crowd  5487

Can't agree with that at all. 

There'll be more than 6,000 there....:angel

On 3/23/2017 at 21:00, 1nickydevlin said:

A photo that was took the last time when we were in paisley of the st mirren fans absolute raging at mr mccall ...if someone could put the picture up so jimmy boo can see it

Was that when he took the acclaim of the Ayr travelling support after a heroic draw? Ran over as if they'd won the Champions League.

22 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

4 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I think Magennis will drop back to the bench, and we'll continue with Loy and Sutton up front. We'll go at Ayr and try to get a goal early to force them to come out.

I think Maggenis has been brilliant lately can't see Ross droppig him to play Smith on the right that's why I think it's more likely it'll be Smith and Sutton up front but could also be Loy and Smith. As you say good problem to have.

I think Maggenis has been brilliant lately can't see Ross droppig him to play Smith on the right that's why I think it's more likely it'll be Smith and Sutton up front but could also be Loy and Smith. As you say good problem to have.

Yeah, he really has. He's not taken the same plaudits as our other youngsters recently but he's been a very impotant player for us.

2 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

I agree he's been brilliant, but I think Jack will bring Cammy Smith back in and keep Kyle as a great option from the bench. I would be happy with either. It's a great problem to have. Also hoping Stelios is pushing for some game time after a spell without getting on.

4 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Yeah, he really has. He's not taken the same plaudits as our other youngsters recently but he's been a very impotant player for us.

Such great, quick feet and so difficult to knock off the ball for a young player, not to mention his composure, which belies his age.

Just now, Soctty said:

I agree he's been brilliant, but I think Jack will bring Cammy Smith back in and keep Kyle as a great option from the bench. I would be happy with either. It's a great problem to have. Also hoping Stelios is pushing for some game time after a spell without getting on.

Has stelios been injured or just not making the team? Hard to tell because he runs strange anyway always looks like he's limping.

Just now, Soctty said:

Such great, quick feet and so difficult to knock off the ball for a young player.

He's a lot tougher than the other youngsters to come through he doesn't hold back in tackles, although I've noticed Mallan and Morgan have toughened up of late as well, it's possibly just something that comes with confidence.

1 minute ago, irvine_buddie said:

Has stelios been injured or just not making the team? Hard to tell because he runs strange anyway always looks like he's limping.

I noticed in one of the first games he was benched for that he was clutching his thigh from time to time when warming up. Not sure why he's been on the bench if not fully fit though. It's a strange one. 

1 minute ago, irvine_buddie said:

He's a lot tougher than the other youngsters to come through he doesn't hold back in tackles, although I've noticed Mallan and Morgan have toughened up of late as well, it's possibly just something that comes with confidence.

i have noticed Mallan in particular is far more eager to get into physical battles, busting a gut to close down the opposition at times, whereas before he was far more of a luxury player. Certainly developed his all round game over the past few months. Confidence has returned too.

3 minutes ago, shull said:

I hope so. 

Nearer 8k would be brilliant 

You never know. There is certainly a groundswell of support for the team and manager at the moment, and a win on Saturday would only add to that feeling.

Archived