Blue toon v Blues

The blues unbeaten run came to an end last Saturday against champions elect Livingston and now take the long and winding road to Peterhead.The blues next 3 games are against the bottom 3 and 3 wins would see us safe and an outside chance of a promotion playoff place,but safety first and even 7 out of 9 points would be fine.We have an almost fit squad to travel to Balmoor and news from the team camp is that despite that defeat last weekend confidence remains high.Our last game at Peterhead saw Wullie G get the red card and hopefully this time around he will keep the Heid against Peterheid.A draw would be ok but 3 points would be dandy.

2 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

Just moved to Aberdeenshire and my family are from Stranraer so I'll be in the away end for this. 

Won't be much of an away end for this game. You can sit / stand wherever you like. Just buy a ticket first.

4 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

Anything less than a win is no use to us. The time for excuses is long gone and only 3 points will do but I won't be surprised if we fail to win yet again.

It's going to be difficult to pick up points from the top half teams and TBH if we can't beat the teams around us then we deserve to go down. Not at all confident of taking anything from this one.

17424717_1625665714116988_6288834600917304172_n.png

Since Faz came in our defence has looked pretty solid in every game other than Peterhead at home. Fear that if Gibson and Agnew are stopped we'll have a real fight on our hands. Don't have many other creative players at the minute.

Hopefully the return of Morgan Neill will mean Robertson back at right back. Toss up between Pettigrew and Barron for the other centre back place as I'd rather see Bell in midfield. An unfit Barron would probably be a better option than Pettigrew.

Next two games are massive for us. Would be happy with four points from them.

With the news that Gordon and Comrie might be out I don't think we have a hope of getting a result. Absolutely no confidence that we can keep a clean sheet and our days of outscoring teams appear to be over. 

3 hours ago, NewBlue said:

With the news that Gordon and Comrie might be out I don't think we have a hope of getting a result. Absolutely no confidence that we can keep a clean sheet and our days of outscoring teams appear to be over. 

In the game at Stair Park you always looked likely to score as we struggled to blunt the physical threat of McAllister - we need to be able to do this tomorrow or it will be a home win or at least a high scoring game!

2 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

In the game at Stair Park you always looked likely to score as we struggled to blunt the physical threat of McAllister - we need to be able to do this tomorrow or it will be a home win or at least a high scoring game!

Aye we are on a miserable run at the minute though. No wins since January and only 3 goals in our last 4, I don't think any Peterhead fan is confident of anything at the minute. Like you say though if Mcallister gets any slack from your defence then he is always going to create some chances.

14 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Since Faz came in our defence has looked pretty solid in every game other than Peterhead at home. Fear that if Gibson and Agnew are stopped we'll have a real fight on our hands. Don't have many other creative players at the minute.

Hopefully the return of Morgan Neill will mean Robertson back at right back. Toss up between Pettigrew and Barron for the other centre back place as I'd rather see Bell in midfield. An unfit Barron would probably be a better option than Pettigrew.

Next two games are massive for us. Would be happy with four points from them.

Pettigrew  been very steady ,not a weak link in team.

Tough on Stranraer that. Dominated the first half after conceding early to a swerving long range mcallister freekick. Malky scored after being clean in from a long ball. Then a great team goal was scored by Robertson. Stranraer should have added to their lead. 2nd half was a poor game. Peterhead were had most of the play. In stoppage time the sucker punch a header from a corner. Still you would have taken a draw beforehand but I think we should have won this.

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

What an absolute shambles we are. We don't deserve to stay up. Won't be back next season if they let Jim stay on.

Well New Blue, that's what I did this season - haven't set foot in Balmoor since the play-off against Ayr Utd. where I walked out in disgust. We need to have a different approach to games which would include a new manager and new players - not loans. Too many excuses, one-man forward line, no settled team with chopping and changing every week - at best we can hope for relegation play-offs.

Archived